What's new

1/7/15: Official Game Thread--Utah Jazz @ Chicago Bulls 6PM MT--ROOT, NBALP

I think I like a big rotation of favors, gobert and booker rather than kanter. If it's at all possible to get any meaningful assets, as always, I am down with trading kanter.

Hayward swats Butler

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/10AB28BD3B1164803589974495232_3e7d15c140a.1.5.625409401949815305.mp4?versionId=ySniwH8aCkVWFj_NtFmmxRkz9r6R1fxX

Last edited:
Easily the most impressive win of the year. One of the most impressive in many years in fact...they just went into Chicago and shut them down, and Utah was the team not at full strength. I was not expecting that at all. The shortening of the lineup played real well tonight.

Well tbh, all of our injuries are to are weaker defensive players. The guys who have been replacing them are better defenders and I think that is helping. We have Gobert playing more, Exum playing more, and now have Millsap out there playing defense. Overall we play more guys who care about playing defense more since those injuries.

Well tbh, all of our injuries are to are weaker defensive players. The guys who have been replacing them are better defenders and I think that is helping. We have Gobert playing more, Exum playing more, and now have Millsap out there playing defense. Overall we play more guys who care about playing defense more since those injuries.

Not entirely true but OK. I'm not trying to downtalk Rudy or anyone infact I said Rudy should start as well but before Enes was injured the last 8 GMs we were 5-3 and our DefRtg was @98.2 w/ Enes on the court so even before the injury there was definitive improvement. But you just keep hatin on Enes doe...

I'd still like to keep Kanter. Most of the elite teams have 3 good bigs in their rotation. Also, bigs seem to get injured more easily than guards. Who knows how Rudy's body will respond to 30 mins a night? Kanter is still a valuable asset at around 10mil a year. His defense has improved and I think he would destroy against second unit players. Didn't he average 19/9 as a starter this December or something? I think a Favors, Gobert, Kanter, Booker rotation would be pretty great.

Gobert is doing something Kanter never has been able to. BRING IT EVERY GAME. Kanter has great games, some good games, and a whole bunch where he isnt impacting it at all.

Looks like Enes is the odd man out of the bigs right now. I love the idea of bringing him off the bench.

Hayward swats Butler

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/10AB28BD3B1164803589974495232_3e7d15c140a.1.5.625409401949815305.mp4?versionId=ySniwH8aCkVWFj_NtFmmxRkz9r6R1fxX

Hayward has great anticipation. Loved that steal early in the game when he just jumped to his left and took the ball away.

Not entirely true but OK. I'm not trying to downtalk Rudy or anyone infact I said Rudy should start as well but before Enes was injured the last 8 GMs we were 5-3 and our DefRtg was @98.2 w/ Enes on the court so even before the injury there was definitive improvement. But you just keep hatin on Enes doe...

Bro I didn't even mention's Kanter name in there. Glad you agree he sucks though by just assuming.

I'd still like to keep Kanter. Most of the elite teams have 3 good bigs in their rotation. Also, bigs seem to get injured more easily than guards. Who knows how Rudy's body will respond to 30 mins a night? Kanter is still a valuable asset at around 10mil a year. His defense has improved and I think he would destroy against second unit players. Didn't he average 19/9 as a starter this December or something? I think a Favors, Gobert, Kanter, Booker rotation would be pretty great.

Agreed. Ideally the Jazz want that 3 bigs rotations for the next 2 years (which they can afford with a cheap Gobert) with an extra one who gets 5/10 mins a night but is ready to fill in for one of the injured 3 others and get 25/30 for 10/12 games a year. It is perfectly reasonable from a team make up point of view and from a fiscal point of view : you can always trade one of Favors/Kanter when/Before Gobert's likely max contract comes into effect in the summer of 2017.

Kanter at 10 per is a reasonable cost : he is your first option with the second unit, he keeps working on a 3 point shot, he gives you a different look, etc... Now does he take it, it's a different question.

Just watched that entire game without looking at the result beforehand, and wow that was a treat. Amazing game.

Only gripes I might have are Burke still taking too many midrange jumpers off the pick and roll, and also Hayward's 3pt shot has been really off lately. But other than that... wow

The emergence of Go-bear makes Kanter redundant and this is becoming more and more obvious.
Jazz should seek a meaningful trade for Kanter. A mid-1st round pick would be a nice addition.