What's new

#1 Pick to Utah?

Holding my breath.

Going back to listen to Rigby interview to clarify, but I think I remember him saying something like "I can't say anything specific, but come draft day, I think Jazz fans will be happy and feel their organization has done everything to make the team significantly better" or something like that. I didn't know what to make of it when I heard it. Now I'm not even sure if I heard it correctly.

But dayumn! Wiggins would look amazing in Jazz green.

This is 1280 though. Lots of BS gets kicked around on the reg by the hosts and guests.

The green uni's are an atrocity.

If this gets done, the tomic talk makes a ton of sense. Gobert will have a lot thrown on his shoulders defensively. Is a front court of Gobert, Tomic, and Kanter enough? If it isn't, next years draft is nothing but bigs, and Mudiay.

The trade is not just for Favors. It's also for the 5th pick. Trading the only guy on your team with a defensive mindset for another guy who seemingly does not play defense could be trouble. All this just to trade up. If they move up I want Wiggins. Especially if the cost is Favors.

At this point in the Jazz rebuild, when examining this trade, all other players on the jazz are essentially irrelevant. You get the centerpiece and then you fit the right pieces around him. So it means you trade your other players as needed to get the right mix. It could cost the Jazz another year of rebuild as well.

If this gets done, the tomic talk makes a ton of sense. Gobert will have a lot thrown on his shoulders defensively. Is a front court of Gobert, Tomic, and Kanter enough? If it isn't, next years draft is nothing but bigs, and Mudiay.

Not defensively. Gobert though a great shot-blocker will get pushed around a lot and neither Tomic nor Kanter are rim protectors.

And you do this trade.

The trade is not just for Favors. It's also for the 5th pick. Trading the only guy on your team with a defensive mindset for another guy who seemingly does not play defense could be trouble. All this just to trade up. If they move up I want Wiggins. Especially if the cost is Favors.

Ya, and the 5th pick isn't likely to be a franchise player either.

Haven't you noticed yet? Favors isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. He is good at rim protection. Big woop. Just turn Gobert into that. Besides, it's not the most important thing to have. Having the best player is the most important thing to have. That's the name of the game. It not trying to collect a bunch of good pieces who are nice guys and who fit the team, and blah blah. Example: If I had either Durant or Lebron, there is no combination of players that you could offer me in a trade. Why? Because that's the smartest thing to do. You stuff as much talent as you can into one player. And let's not try to use the Spurs as an example. The Spurs are great because of one player too. It's Tim Duncan. None of those championships are won without him. Ya, he is old and has help, but it still isn't done without him.

Do we know that Wiggins or Parker will be the next transcendent star? No, not for sure. But we can't keep adding average or even above average players. We need a stud. So you roll the dice. You can't win a championship unless you go after one of these guys. This is the only chance we will have to do this. If they turn out to be stars then we are going to be able to trade for them then, and it will be too late. Then we will be right back in the same situation as before.

1) Not even cleveland would trade out of the top 3.
2) If this happened, you pick Embiid.

Im sorry but this doesn't sit well with me. We should have tanked and could have kept Favors and got into the top 3. It's ridiculous.

Jabari or Wiggins for Favors and Embiid/Vonleh

Pretty interesting offer. I'd be pretty sad to see Favors go, he really likes it here and I think he's going to get quite better.

I'd do this deal, especially if we were able to trade and get Gordon...