What's new

1st Jazz Win! - Rockets @ Jazz tonight 8:30pm MT

Please dont get fooled by this really good game by Crowder. He still needs to be upgraded. Jae is a good player dont get me wrong, but
he is not a consistent enough shooter to meet our needs.

Love the effort by the team. Its too bad we couldnt pull out Game 3, this would be a good series right now!

Lets just go to Houston and stay loose. They might play tighter trying to close out. Keep the game close, and give Spida a chance to weave his web.

Woulda coulda shoulda been 2-2, game 3 was absolute turd balls from our side. Even rockets fans were shocked that they took that one.

Punchers chance but never in history has a team come back from 3-0. Lets make history.

Great win. I’m glad the season goes two more days. But I’m just as confused as ever about how to proceed after the games Favors and Crowder had.

Rox are due for a stinker of a game. And we’re due for a better one. Gobert and Ingles were meh last night. Mitchell meh til the 4th. If we can pull off the upset next game...

Please dont get fooled by this really good game by Crowder. He still needs to be upgraded. Jae is a good player dont get me wrong, but

Love the effort by the team. Its too bad we couldnt pull out Game 3, this would be a good series right now!

Lets just go to Houston and stay loose. They might play tighter trying to close out. Keep the game close, and give Spida a chance to weave his web.

Yep. 33.1% from three and 6.4 rebounds per 36 as a 4 is mediocre.

I know Cy likes Aminu but he has a 14.2%/6.0%/1.4%/1.2% rebounds/assists/steals/blocks rate.

Crowder has 9.6%/8.9%/1.4%/1.1% for the same.

So Aminu’s a way better rebounder but worse passer and his shooting is no better and perhaps worse. Defensively, he brings more versatility.
So I don’t see that as an upgrade and certainly not at the 12-16M price tag mentioned. In fact, that would be dumb as **** for a guy who isn’t going to move the needle at all.

I said it last year and I’ll say it again. Crowder needs to:
1. Lose 10-15 pounds. This would do wonders for his game in being able to switch on defense better and drive on offense a little more.
2. Work on his shot.

If he did those things, awesome.

Yep. 33.1% from three and 6.4 rebounds per 36 as a 4 is mediocre.

I know Cy likes Aminu but he has a 14.2%/6.0%/1.4%/1.2% rebounds/assists/steals/blocks rate.

Crowder has 9.6%/8.9%/1.4%/1.1% for the same.

So Aminu’s a way better rebounder but worse passer and his shooting is no better and perhaps worse. Defensively, he brings more versatility.
So I don’t see that as an upgrade and certainly not at the 12-16M price tag mentioned. In fact, that would be dumb as **** for a guy who isn’t going to move the needle at all.

I said it last year and I’ll say it again. Crowder needs to:
1. Lose 10-15 pounds. This would do wonders for his game in being able to switch on defense better and drive on offense a little more.
2. Work on his shot.

If he did those things, awesome.

Awesome? as in will put us over the top to compete in the West? I dont see that.

I like Jae a lot, but I dont think he is consistent enough, or good enough against the elite. We have to upgrade a key piece somewhere.

Crowder doesn't really need to be upgraded though. He's the backup 4 and he would be perfectly fine as the backup 4 next year.

It feels so good to win playoffs games. I just hope we can get another one just to put a little fear into them.

Game 6 at home would be live!!!