What's new

2011-2012 jazz mvp

jumpin bean

im hoping the Jazz make the playoffs this coming season,assuming there is a season,and if the Jazz do make the playoffs,which Jazz player will be the mvp on the team and the main reason it happens?WILL IT BE A ROOKIE? Or will it be Hayward or one of the vets?

Wow, that's an interesting question. I first wanted to say Hayward, but decided that would be too much to ask for. Almost certainly has to be Jefferson or Millsap.

man,im a big fan of these two draft picks and I am hoping that Burks or Kanter would be an overnite sensation and be the main reason we made it into extra play.

If we make it into extra play, that either means the rookies stepped it up big time or that Jefferson finally learned how to play winning basketball.

Considering how poorly we played after deron left, if we make the playoffs, you'd have to assume Devin Harris had a phenomenal season so I nominate him. He's a very good player, I think he's the key to us getting anywhere next year.

Last edited:
Cyrone Torbin said:
If we make it into extra play, that either means the rookies stepped it up big time or that Jefferson finally learned how to play winning basketball.

Or that Hayward really did become a god, instead of just being a potential god.

is it safe to say CJ Miles would not be a possible nomination.how about if Favors becomes crazy good?

I don't see Favors getting crazy good until his 3rd or 4th year. I suspect he will follow a Paul Millsap timeline of improvement. He will just be physically imposing though, so he will be able to impose his will more than Sap can.

Al Jeff will probably average 22 and 11. I'll be shocked if he isn't our best player going into next year and at the end of it.

im hoping the Jazz make the playoffs this coming season,assuming there is a season,and if the Jazz do make the playoffs,which Jazz player will be the mvp on the team and the main reason it happens?WILL IT BE A ROOKIE? Or will it be Hayward or one of the vets?
MVP is stat-oriented, so it will be Jefferson or Millsap. Both those guys should be flirting with 20-10. However, IF the Jazz make the playoffs, it will be a result of having a stronger, more productive bench. Assuming the starters will be Millsap, Jefferson, Miles, Hayward and Harris, those five should be able to hang with most teams, especially if Hayward plays like he did after the all-star break. However, the Jazz absolutely need production from Favors, Kanter, Burks and even Bell. Memo could also add outside shooting and leadership. Early last season, the Jazz had very little behind the starters - outside of CJ chucking up shots. Now the potential is there for a very good, very deep bench.

Jefferson according to stats will be the 'MVP' but I can see the team voting for someone like Harris or Millsap

ANd factor in this is going to be his first taste at real competition in nearly two years. Rust will be heavy.

It's a very valid point that Kanter will likely have to wait on minutes, thus making him a longshot. However, I don't feel it would be rust that would prevent him from playing at a high level.

I'd say Hayward .. as we have neither a go-to SG or SF and he can play both ... better be in TOP shape and ready to play major minutes.

What?!?! No love for Jeremy Evans? <cough> <cough> Seriously I'd guess Jefferson, but am hoping to see someone else step up.