What's new

2011 Draft Class. A solid/good draft class?

Nightmare

I was talking the other day with this dude I know and he said that Anthony Davis is overrated. I said no way, if I were to start a franchise for the next 10 years he would be my pick, if he doesn't get hurt a HOF player is his currently trajectory. He said no way if he selected a player for the next 10 years to start a franchise with he said he would pick Klay Thomspson or Kawhi Leonard. I disagreed with him but it still made me think about how they are both part of the 2011 draft class and are both very solid players (not Anthony Davis but the two players he mentioned). Man that draft class while very week in early/mid lotto produced some very good players.

Solid Starters

Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker
Klay Thompson
Alec Burks
Markieff Morris
Kawhi Leonard
Nikola Vucevic
Iman Shumpert
Tobias Harris
Kenneth Faried
MarShon Brooks
Jimmy Butler
Chandler Parsons
Isaiah Thompson

Jury still out (All those European players, Jonas, Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Bogan. Jonas Perhaps lesso than the others)

There guys in the bold especially are especially good players. Not a great once in a decade draft class but perhaps second or third best draft class in 5 year time period?

Good thread.
Lots of good players there.

Irving should be bolded.
Vucivic is getting there

Damn I remember him being a stud his rookie year. I guess he did suck it up.

He was the shooting guard version of Kanter - individual offensive talent who can't pass and turns the ball over and has atrocious defensive game...

He is a weird dude... He is 6'4" and refuses to admit how much of an advantage height is. I said if anyone was born in Shaq's body and developed their abilities throughout their entire life they would have a great chance to make the NBA. He refuses to bulge any and states that height isn't as important because there are people who are 6'0" who are good. Anyway... that guy doesn't like movies like the avengers, star wars, or any action movie, he only likes romantic comedy's, has an art major girlfriend, and is super liberal/hippie. This is his favorite song sung by his favorite band....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FNWfhmTn1M

Sorry I had to let someone know about this weird guy :(

He is a weird dude... He is 6'4" and refuses to admit how much of an advantage height is. I said if anyone was born in Shaq's body and developed their abilities throughout their entire life they would have a great chance to make the NBA. He refuses to bulge any and states that height isn't as important because there are people who are 6'0" who are good. Anyway... that guy doesn't like movies like the avengers, star wars, or any action movie, he only likes romantic comedy's, has an art major girlfriend, and is super liberal/hippie. This is his favorite song sung by his favorite band....

Sorry I had to let someone know about this weird guy :(

Because of this.. I didn't click.