What's new

2011 draft.....

Don't know if its been posted or not but NBA.COM put up a draft preview. This is the one for the Jazz

https://www.nba.com/video/channels/draft/2011/06/19/20110619_draft_preview_utah.nba/

They have us taking Knight and K. Thompson.

That's not a good draft in my opinion.

1. Knight over Kanter is not taking the BPA.
2. We already have a starting PG for two more years. While Harris isn't perfect, he fills the PG fine for now, resign Earl, and we are fine for now.
3. You really want another weak 2/3 who doesn't defend, isn't athlectic, isn't strong, and loves his own shot? I don't

There will be plently of big men available at both slots. We have a chance to get bigger, more defensive, tougher, and we go with these two softies?
I really like knight, but not over Kanter, and not at all with Klay.

This would be an epic fail in my eyes.

That's not a good draft in my opinion.

1. Knight over Kanter is not taking the BPA.
2. We already have a starting PG for two more years. While Harris isn't perfect, he fills the PG fine for now, resign Earl, and we are fine for now.
3. You really want another weak 2/3 who doesn't defend, isn't athlectic, isn't strong, and loves his own shot? I don't

There will be plently of big men available at both slots. We have a chance to get bigger, more defensive, tougher, and we go with these two softies?
I really like knight, but not over Kanter, and not at all with Klay.

This would be an epic fail in my eyes.

This.

How could you possibly know that taking Knight over Kanter is taking the BPA? I don't think there is a human being on Earth that knows that. Kanter hasn't played in two years. How could anyone know how good he actually is? NBA teams are drafting this guy based on a projection.

How could you possibly know that taking Knight over Kanter is taking the BPA? I don't think there is a human being on Earth that knows that. Kanter hasn't played in two years. How could anyone know how good he actually is? NBA teams are drafting this guy based on a projection.

A-frickin-men. Show me the video clips of Kantor playing. NOBODY (unless KOC posts on this board) knows if Kanter is any good. NOBODY on this board has seen the kid play. Just because Kanter is bigger doesn't mean he is better.

Edit: That doesn't mean I am anti-Kanter. I just don't know. I think Knight is safer, but I haven't seen Kanter play (which is probably why I think Knight is safer).

In KOC I trust.

Last edited:
So I guess we can cross Marcus Morris off the Jazz's draft board. He ripped Singleton to shreds to reporters after the workout and then told reporters he was the most complete player in the draft. Walt Perrin's response, "He opinion doesn't matter on draft day." Ha. Well, that clears things up a little.

So I guess we can cross Marcus Morris off the Jazz's draft board. He ripped Singleton to shreds to reporters after the workout and then told reporters he was the most complete player in the draft. Walt Perrin's response, "He opinion doesn't matter on draft day." Ha. Well, that clears things up a little.

Dude, does a lot of talking. Not exactly the type of player the Jazz like. On K. Thompson, i worry too that he will turn out to be a Mo Almond. Sounds like he should be better, but Knight and Thompson would not exactly excite me.

If you're going to make a mistake, make it a big one.

Thanks youngblood.

I agree with this. In terms of prospects, a decent sized PG with developing PG skills, and average athleticism comes every draft. A 6'11" 260 lbs big man with skills is not nearly as common.

I think the Jazz will go with Knight.

But the superior prospect IMO, is Kanter.

If you're going to make a mistake, make it a big one.

Thanks youngblood.

I agree with this. In terms of prospects, a decent sized PG with developing PG skills, and average athleticism comes every draft. A 6'11" 260 lbs big man with skills is not nearly as common.

I think the Jazz will go with Knight.

But the superior prospect IMO, is Kanter.

He is not an average ******* athlete. How dumb can you be? The guy ran one of the fastest sprints and has a 37 max vertical.

Well, put in context Perrin's remark isn't that bad. He basically said (I'm paraphrasing from memory), "That might be true right now, but we have to consider where a player will be a year or two from now. And Marcus almost certainly will NOT be the most complete player in this draft, then. So [said with a smile] fortunately his opinion doesn't matter on draft day."

I'm not claiming to "know". It's just my opinion. Some people agree, others don't.
You give us your opinion all the time. Do you always "know" the things you state are fact? Give me a break Mr. Blue.

We all believe our guy is better than your guy after reading the reports, watching the tapes, looking at the stats.
This is the same things the NBA teams do too, they just get more info.

Not even the people making these choices truly "know". Could Knight end of being the better player? Of course!
So could one the other Euros, Tobias Harris, or gasp Jimmer!

Marcus Morris is a bit of a chode and I think Markieff will have the better career.

Markieff told reporters that he and his brother could play apart for a couple of years until they were both stars and could demand a trade to play together. They might be players but let them do it in NY or Houston.

Brian Smith at SLTrib is tweeting some great stuff from KOC interview:

Jazz's O'Connor said Utah's listening and talking, but it's the normal process

O'Connor mentioned trading down, but it came during a general answer. ... Only untouchable on Jazz's roster: "Greg Miller"

O'Connor acknowledged early first-round picks are very fluid

O'Connor said he woke up the day the Jazz drafted Deron Wiliams thinking there was a five-percent chance of trading up

O'Connor said Jazz have no update on Okur. Won't until July 9, when he returns to U.S

O'Connor said he woke up the day the Jazz drafted Deron Wiliams thinking there was a five-percent chance of trading up

He also said that that deal literally got done at 11:55 am (deadline was noon).

He also said that that deal literally got done at 11:55 am (deadline was noon).

So there is a draft day trade deadline too? I guess it stops at noon for trades announced before the draft, but trading open agains durring the draft? Are there any other restrictions?

So there is a draft day trade deadline too? I guess it stops at noon for trades announced before the draft, but trading open agains durring the draft? Are there any other restrictions?

I'm not sure if it was an NBA-imposed deadline. It may have been a deadline set by the other team. Or maybe even a deadline set by the Millers, or something like that. KOC wasn't clear about that point.