What's new

2011 draft.....

And why is it a surprise for Jimmer to say he'd love to be in New York? You do know he's from Glens Falls, NEW YORK, right? Or did y'all think there were no morans east of the 'Sippi?
Besides, he'd be a great fit with those run and gun Knicks. They're not expected to play defense. And rumor has it, they're trying to move up to get him. If he slips past Sacramento, wouldn't that be sumthin if the Jazz drafted him at #12, only to trade his rights to New York? I dare say there would be a lynchin scheduled for Greg - or at the very least, excommunication.

And by the way, although I'm a Jimmer fan, I actually think the Jazz would be better served by taking Knight and Singleton.

I take offense to that. I hated carolinajazz - always have. I assure you I'm not that person. I am me.

And Kahl Malone is Kahl Malone...
Karl-Malone.jpg

So who is the whoa! Pick of the lotto? There is always some player who sneaks in becuase some gm thinks he is a genius. I am going with honeycutt. I think a gm will tie him to howland and say ucla players are better pros.

I really feel that Jazz make another trade with the wolves by the time the draft is over. I hope that's a fact. I would prefer it to be the 2nd pick but I could see it being for their #20 (assuming they dont trade their 2nd to some one else) or a player such as flynn. I really hope the wolves dont trade with the lakers. Rumors say they are thinking about trading the 2 pick, beasley, Darko and Love for gasol. Gasol is okay but that is a lot for him at his age.

https://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20184

Side note I just noticed Jim Boylen is joining the lakers?

I really feel that Jazz make another trade with the wolves by the time the draft is over. I hope that's a fact. I would prefer it to be the 2nd pick but I could see it being for their #20 (assuming they dont trade their 2nd to some one else) or a player such as flynn. I really hope the wolves dont trade with the lakers. Rumors say they are thinking about trading the 2 pick, beasley, Darko and Love for gasol. Gasol is okay but that is a lot for him at his age.

https://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20184

Side note I just noticed Jim Boylen is joining the lakers?

That trade is more one-sided than the Memphis Laker Gasol trade. There should be an investigation if this trade goes down.

On 1280 they are talking to Michael Smith (I think). He is saying that Minnesota wants Millsap, 12 and GS's pick next year for #2. I would do that in a heartbeat. Millsap is good, but you are trading him for Williams. The 12 pick is probably crap, and GS's pick could be good, but with Jackson coaching that team, there is a GREAT chance we don't even get that pick. That gives you a starting lineup of:

Harris - Knight
Hayward
Williams
Favors
Jefferson

That is long, defensive, 3pt range and athletic starting five. I would do this in a heartbeat.

On 1280 they are talking to Michael Smith (I think). He is saying that Minnesota wants Millsap, 12 and GS's pick next year for #2. I would do that in a heartbeat. Millsap is good, but you are trading him for Williams. The 12 pick is probably crap, and GS's pick could be good, but with Jackson coaching that team, there is a GREAT chance we don't even get that pick. That gives you a starting lineup of:

Harris - Knight
Hayward
Williams
Favors
Jefferson

That is long, defensive, 3pt range and athletic starting five. I would do this in a heartbeat.

Not no, not hell no, but F*** no.

Harris - Knight
Hayward
Williams
Favors
Jefferson

I would do Millsap and 12. But why would Minny need a PF? Isn't Love a PF and isnt that why they want Pau Gasol who would play C?

Not no, not hell no, but F*** no.

Why? Are you afraid to lose Millsap? Are you afraid to lose Singleton, Jimmer or Thompson? Are you afraid to lose 3 million in cash? Why?

That GS pick is pie in the sky. Do you really think Golden State, with a head coach who has never coached a game in his life, is going to keep GS out of the bottom 7? I just don't see GS doing anything next year.

Harris - Knight
Hayward
Williams
Favors
Jefferson

If that's the case KOC better make it a done deal. Dwill plus Knight would be a dream draft.

Because Williams isn't good enough to give up 3 players for.

You are most likely not giving up three players at all. You are giving up a bench player, the 12 pick (which has a 9% chance of being a bench player) which isn't a player, and the GS pick, which at this point has a 50-50 chance of being 3 million dollars, not a player.

Worst case scenario, you are trading a bench player, a bust draft pick, and a top 8-10 pick for a top 2 pick. It is a risk, but that big of a risk.

Yeah, a bench player who is going to be a 6th man of the year potential year in and year out. A bench player who has made major improvements each year in his game. A bench player who is a on a great contract. A bench player who is still young. Not to mention the GS pick next year in a potentially loaded draft. Not to mention the 12th pick, who could possibly be a good rotation player.

I hope we don't trade Millsap. He is definitely my favorite Jazz player. I think he brings valuable intangibles to the team and will help turn our bench back into one of the best in the NBA. Not to mention he could come back this season with a consistent 3point shot or some other dramatic improvement like he has done every other season.

I would consider that trade, maybe see if we could get a second rounder out of them, or get out pick back from them next year.

Jazz get the #2, keep the #3.

Williams and Knight would be great additions.