What's new

2012-2013 Random Trade Ideas thread

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bftbhag

How about this one?
Boston gets 3 solid defensive players, a starting power forward in Millsap, a great backup for Pierce in Marvin, and a solid defending veteran in Braille off of the bench.
Utah finally gets their top 5 point guard, and keeps Al, Favors, Hayward, Burks, and Kanter all in tact.
Also Barbosa replaces Marvin's 3 point shooting.

Doesn't Boston already have a back up that they are overpaying in Jeff Green?

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bftbhag

How about this one?
Boston gets 3 solid defensive players, a starting power forward in Millsap, a great backup for Pierce in Marvin, and a solid defending veteran in Braille off of the bench.
Utah finally gets their top 5 point guard, and keeps Al, Favors, Hayward, Burks, and Kanter all in tact.
Also Barbosa replaces Marvin's 3 point shooting.

I'd love it, but Boston would never do it. Why do they need more perimeter defenders when they have Bradley and Courtney Lee? Millsap is a good pick up but they have Brandon Bass who has a similar game.

Al Jefferson, Roger Braille and Ty Corbin to LA for Dwight Howard.
It's clear the Howard experiment isn't working out for LA. Kobe recruited Roger before he ended up signing with Utah. And the Lakers now need a coach. This is a perfect trade for both teams.

I'd love it, but Boston would never do it. Why do they need more perimeter defenders when they have Bradley and Courtney Lee? Millsap is a good pick up but they have Brandon Bass who has a similar game.

Bradley is a great defender, but Courtney Lee isn't in my opinion. Can you imagine a Garnett, Millsap, Bass, and Fab Melo rotation in Boston?
Sounds pretty lethal, both offensively and defensively.
I really don't see anyone turning Braille down for his little contract, and some positive defense off of the bench. He can really shoot when he wants to as well.

I wouldn't say Jeff Green is injury prone, he missed 1 season because of a heart condition that's now fixed.

I think Pau would be a good fit for our team over Dwight simply because of his passing abilities...and he'd be a better mentor than Jefferson for Kanter. Dwight and Favors is not realistic and its also redundant.

I think Pau would be a good fit for our team over Dwight simply because of his passing abilities...and he'd be a better mentor than Jefferson for Kanter. Dwight and Favors is not realistic and its also redundant.
Yes, Pau would be a great fit due to his stellar defense. The Lakers tried desperately to trade him last year. NO ONE wants Pau. He's lost his shot and doesn't play defense. We'll hopefully be rid of Jefferson and Millsap after this season. I'll be a bit sad if/when Paul leaves, but we aren't going anywhere with him at PF. The only way he stops opposing PF's is to foul them. I'd much rather have Favors/Kanter start and suffer through some games in the 70-point range while they're developing.

I'd much rather have Favors/Kanter start and suffer through some games in the 70-point range while they're developing.

I like that idea, but actually I don't think there would be too many 70 point range games with Mo, Marvin, and Foye on the team. I'm thinking 90 point range when the shot is on.
Also giving Burks extra time would result in a lot more free throw attempts, and we could defer to Favors and Kanter's defense for the time being as they develop their offensive games.

Millsap and Raja Bell for Patrick Patterson, Terrance Jones, and a protected #1 pick

Why for Houston?

Millsap fits perfectly with Harden, Asik and Lin. Trading for Millsap now allows the Houston's core to grow together and gives them the bird rights to Millsap this offseason.

Why for Utah?

Patterson is a serviceable big man who could grow into a solid 3rd big behind Favors and Kanter. Terrance Jones is an intriguing combo forward who we could groom for the future. We also open up minutes for Favors and rid our selves of Raja Bell.

Millsap and Raja Bell for Patrick Patterson, Terrance Jones, and a protected #1 pick

Why for Houston?

Millsap fits perfectly with Harden, Asik and Lin. Trading for Millsap now allows the Houston's core to grow together and gives them the bird rights to Millsap this offseason.

Why for Utah?

Patterson is a serviceable big man who could grow into a solid 3rd big behind Favors and Kanter. Terrance Jones is an intriguing combo forward who we could groom for the future. We also open up minutes for Favors and rid our selves of Raja Bell.

I don't think Houston would add a 1st round pick to that.

It doesn't work until after the Dec. 15, so I can't put it into ESPN Trade Machine, but:
Al Jefferson to Philadelphia for Spencer Hawes and Jason Richardson (or Nick Young)
If I were Utah I would prefer young because he is on a one-year deal, but Philly would probably do it to get out of Richardson's 3-year contract.
Philly gets Jefferson who could team with Bynum and make for the strongest post tandem in the league.

I don't even think a retarded squirrel would make that trade. Pigs could very well be flying, and that trade still would not happen.

I always though Jordan was that retarded squirrel. If you're so smart, then why don't you put up a trade idea pansy ;-)