What's new

2014-2015 Outlook?

bigmike

Obviously the offseason is not over, but realistically we won't be adding any major free agents (more likely one-year rentals on expiring deals).

PG - Burke, Neto
SG - Burks, Exum, FA
SF - Hayward, Hood, FA
PF - Kanter, Evans
C - Favors, Tomic, Gobert

Unbelievable how young this roster is. Take away Tomic (who will be a rookie) and Hayward is the elder statesman (assuming we re-sign him).

I think we get an extra five wins from firing Ty and should see marked improvement from the Core 5, but this team still sucks. I peg us between 5 and 10 in the 2015 draft.

Pretty remarkable stable of young talent, though. Not sure what Ty would have done with such a dearth of awful vets. His head might have exploded.

Not sure Hayward comes back. I think we are awful but fun. Worst team in the west. Snyder is bald by all star break. We get another good piece in next years draft.

Meanwhile we lose Hayward this year and then Alec next year, a la Wes Matthews style. We may get another good piece next year, but you can't have a complete puzzle when pieces that you have well established go missing.

Meanwhile we lose Hayward this year and then Alec next year, a la Wes Matthews style. We may get another good piece next year, but you can't have a complete puzzle when pieces that you have well established go missing.

Mr. Negativity...

33-38 wins...lottery pick..hopefully we get lucky and move up....Id be happy with 35ish wins and seeing what we really have with our young guys now with a real coach..

Exum will be starting. Burks is great as a 6th man and I don't think he really minds as long as he gets his 30 minutes.

How do we lose them exactly? Lack of cap room/money? Just like Wes, right?

You aren't so sharp, Slugger.

Exum will be starting. Burks is great as a 6th man and I don't think he really minds as long as he gets his 30 minutes.

I think he minds.

The power has finally been passed to DL and his squad. No more leftovers. Let's hope Quin keeps every minute up for grabs, and makes everybody earn them. It isn't out of the question that Burks and Exum both start. That's what I'd choose, anyway.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];857259 said:
I think he minds.

The power has finally been passed to DL and his squad. No more leftovers. Let's hope Quin keeps every minute up for grabs, and makes everybody earn them. It isn't out of the question that Burks and Exum both start. That's what I'd choose, anyway.

I like the potential of them starting, though I feel like we need better 3 point shooting..

Jazz are already a play-off team, under a good coach.
With these latest additions; play offs are "guaransheeded"