What's new

2014 Draft Combine

I get all confused this time of year. All these guys start looking better and better. Pretty soon I am thinking, "Jazz should trade the whole roster for 6 draft picks." Or some other nonsense.

I feel ya.
I get that way too.

Trade kanter, favors, trey, and hayward for lotto picks. (Cant be tradin burks)

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];826135 said:
I'd trade #23 and Trey Burke to get into the top 10.

Me too

Randle, at 6'9" 250, with a very impressive 35.5" vertical.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Am i wrong or is that better than exums vert?

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];826135 said:
I'd trade #23 and Trey Burke to get into the top 10.
Don't think that will do it. Too much value in this year's draft.

In any case, there have been some trial balloons already floated by Rigby and Lindsey regarding veterans. I think DL has a deal on the table, likely something that was negotiated at the deadline to bring in a veteran. Jazz will have the cap room and they certainly have trade assets. They already have a ton of young players and will be bringing in two more (#4 pick and Neto). I don't think they want any more. I don't see Utah keeping the 23rd pick. We'll see if I'm right.

We already have a Vonleh and his name is Favors. They measurements are almost identical, besides the hands. So I'd rather not draft him....

@chadfordinsider: Glenn Robinson III with a 41.5" max vert. #NBACombine

Still liking this guy.

We already have a Vonleh and his name is Favors. They measurements are almost identical, besides the hands. So I'd rather not draft him....

@chadfordinsider: Glenn Robinson III with a 41.5" max vert. #NBACombine

Still liking this guy.
Favors can't shoot like Vonleh.

Deandre Kane has quietly had a nice combine. Solid 6'4" 200, 6'8" span, 35.5" vert, 10.95 lane agility.

If the Jazz go frontcourt with the lottery pick, I like to see them look seriously at Kane with one of the later picks.

Last edited:
David Locke: On ESPNU @Chad Ford "Jazz fans should no be surprised if the Jazz draft another PG." Twitter @Lockedonsports

David Locke: More from @Chad Ford "I don't anyone in Utah that looks at Trey Burke right now and says this is a franchise point guard" True???

I'm hoping for a wing (Wiggins/Parker)but I feel much better about the Jazz drafting a PG.

David Locke: On ESPNU @Chad Ford "Jazz fans should no be surprised if the Jazz draft another PG." Twitter @Lockedonsports

David Locke: More from @Chad Ford "I don't anyone in Utah that looks at Trey Burke right now and says this is a franchise point guard" True???

Burke is one of the best young PG's in the league. People forget that MCW is older than Kyrie Irving.

Deandre Kane has quitely had a nice combine. Solid 6'4" 200, 6'8" span, 35.5" vert, 10.95 lane agility.

If the Jazz go frontcourt with the lottery pick, I like to see them look seriously at Kane with one of the later picks.

I like both of those Iowa State guys in the second. Though Ejim seems to be on the outside looking in, so maybe he doesn't need to be drafted. But he ran one of the faster sprints today, matched Kayne's vert. He'll be a good garbage pail player regardless if he can ever adapt to being a 3.

I like both of those Iowa State guys in the second. Though Ejim seems to be on the outside looking in, so maybe he doesn't need to be drafted. But he ran one of the faster sprints today, matched Kayne's vert. He'll be a good garbage pail player regardless if he can ever adapt to being a 3.

Agreed about EJim. Sort of an Adrian Dantley/Mark Aguirre type - short, stocky, can score in the post and hit open jumpers. Perhaps a more realistic comp is a guy like Trevor Booker.

@chadfordinsider: Glenn Robinson III with a 41.5" max vert. #NBACombine.
Impressive

Deandre Kane has quietly had a nice combine. Solid 6'4" 200, 6'8" span, 35.5" vert, 10.95 lane agility.

I like kane

I think the vet hate is overdone because of Corbin's perceived bias for them. The Jazz will need a vet or two to come in and steady this young, emotional team. Used correctly they can be a valuable asset to a young team. I am trusting that the new coach will mesh the vet/youth dynamic well.

I like him also, but he's like 25 right?

Yes, which is why you don't take him too early, but with the second round pick, you get a guy who can step in right now and be better than Garrett at the backup point, and play some 2 as well.