What's new

2014 Draft Combine

Disagree. Can you remind me of one PG match up that he won this last season?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

By "young," he means someone who was a rookie last season.
WE all know PG's improve their shooting percentages by 10% from their first to second years, grow 2-3 inches and become much quicker. That's an indisputable fact.

By "young," he means someone who was a rookie last season.
WE all know PG's improve their shooting percentages by 10% from their first to second years, grow 2-3 inches and become much quicker. That's an indisputable fact.

My bad. I forgot all of that. Thanks for reminding me.

I think the vet hate is overdone because of Corbin's perceived bias for them. The Jazz will need a vet or two to come in and steady this young, emotional team. Used correctly they can be a valuable asset to a young team. I am trusting that the new coach will mesh the vet/youth dynamic well.

And we all think of "vet" as an RJ, Tinsley, Bell, JLIII type. I think Lindsey is targeting a legit starter with upside, likely a SF. Might be a player just coming off his rookie deal that a team doesn't want to pay. For example, if the Jazz were to get Exum, the trade could be Burke, the #23 and #35. DL is going to pull some kind of draft-day trade, whether that means trading picks for a veteran or combining to move up.

I think the vet hate is overdone because of Corbin's perceived bias for them. The Jazz will need a vet or two to come in and steady this young, emotional team. Used correctly they can be a valuable asset to a young team. I am trusting that the new coach will mesh the vet/youth dynamic well.

It not that I don't want a couple of good vets but I don't want to give up first round picks for them.

And we all think of "vet" as an RJ, Tinsley, Bell, JLIII type. I think Lindsey is targeting a legit starter with upside, likely a SF. Might be a player just coming off his rookie deal that a team doesn't want to pay. For example, if the Jazz were to get Exum, the trade could be Burke, the #23 and #35. DL is going to pull some kind of draft-day trade, whether that means trading picks for a veteran or combining to move up.

After what he pulled last year during the draft I am quite excited for what Lindsey comes up with this year. I'm already pumped for next year!!

GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!

BnxvWYSCQAEvYcm.png

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
Aaron Gordon just jumped so high they had to raise the vertical jump apparatus.
So Gordon 39", Vonleh 37", Randle 35.5". All good numbers for bigs.
Aaron Gordon continuing to wow. 3.27 3/4 court sprint and a super quick 10.8 sec lane agility drill.
Randle and Vonleh with identical speed and agility scores. Both solid for their position. Gordon clearly the best athlete of the group.
Think its safe to say that Aaron Gordon and Zach LaVine were the big winners in the athletic testing today

Aaron Gordon's 39-inch vertical is 3rd highest for PF/C position in combine history, behind Miles Plumlee and Tyrus Thomas.
+ defensive monster (but shooting:(), anyway I like him very very much

Could be.

But at some point the Jazz need some proven talent over potential. Sacrificing a late 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder is something I am more than willing to consider.

Vonleh just tested out with a freakish 37" vertical. That beats Favors, Howard, Griffin, Davis, and every other PF and center that comes to mind. Aaron Gordon doesn't count because he weighs as much as a SG at 220 lbs and don't see him ever being legit PF weight. Then you add on Vonleh's +4" wingspan advantage over the others, his hand size, the better three point shot. The equation ultimately ends with him being the 5th pick if thats where we land. He just has too much going for him.

I like Burke. He's not close to untouchable, but I like him and am very comfortable seeing what he does next year. But if he gets you from outside the top-three into the top-three, peace dude.

In all honesty him being 230 makes me like him a lot more. That is a load to keep out of the paint for 90% of the PGs in the league.

The real question is Smart a PG? I have my doubts and that is why I don't have him ranked higher. I can't think of one 6'3" SG who has been great. I am impressed with his athletic ability but in basketball it does aways come down to that. KD was horrible at the combine but is a stud playing basketball. He is still 5th or 6th on my list.

We already have a Vonleh and his name is Favors. They measurements are almost identical, besides the hands. So I'd rather not draft him....

@chadfordinsider: Glenn Robinson III with a 41.5" max vert. #NBACombine

Still liking this guy.

grob is top 3 athlete in this draft. his stock will go up from early 2nd to now possible top 20.

my 2 cents

stauskas with good agility drill. good overall ahtleticism & size. i really want him at #23, but he will be gone most likely
lavine & grob are athletic. both might end up top 20.
gordon will not drop out of top 5. good height, explosive, and 39".
early with good combine. not sure if he will be there at #23
gotta admit vonleh is impressive.

vert - big dudes can improve their verts alot first 2-3 years in the nba. blake griffin & dwight howard for ex.
agility & sprint - can be deceiving. d rose didn't have a good number, but he is always the fastest guy on the court. it's like 40 at nfl combine. some dudes just never practiced these drills.