What's new

2018-2019 Schedule Discussion Thread...

first 7 games are all tough teams,

sac should be improved from last year and now we got damn conley returning for the grizz.

After the schedule release.

Attachments

• 6AF882A7-BA52-4104-9334-2DB6896F7F23.jpeg
    6AF882A7-BA52-4104-9334-2DB6896F7F23.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39

^ so... the best 12 travelling schedules in the league are all for teams in the East. 9 of the 10 worst travelling schedules are for teams in the West.

Also, I did the SOS by Pelton's projections only for the Jazz and if I haven't made a mistake somewhere I got it at 0.496 which is a pretty good strength of schedule.

edit: here's SOS based on Pelton's projections:

Last edited:
here's SOS based on Pelton's projections:

If this is so, this is the year to hope to run up an especially impressive record. We have an easier schedule apparently than all our closest competitors with the exception of OKC, who we're quite close to in terms of SOS. We may even have a slight edge over Boston in the easiness of our schedule, despite them being in the east.

So eastern conference travels less and wins less. Western conference travels more and wins more.

I wonder if there is a statistical correlation?

So eastern conference travels less and wins less. Western conference travels more and wins more.

I wonder if there is a statistical correlation?
Harden, Westbrook, CP3, AD, Curry, Durant, Thompson, and now Lebron. The East has Hayward and a gimpy Kwahi. There's your statistical correlation.

Harden, Westbrook, CP3, AD, Curry, Durant, Thompson, and now Lebron. The East has Hayward and a gimpy Kwahi. There's your statistical correlation.

Smd,..... bro you forgot Spida.

Honestly, Hayward shouldn’t even be in that convo.
List the legit mvp candidates (Hayward is a lolz in that category) and it’s so heavily skewed to the western conference.
It’s crazy.

Unless I miscounted, the Jazz only play the Warriors three times. That's huge, almost like an extra win built in.

Unless I miscounted, the Jazz only play the Warriors three times. That's huge, almost like an extra win built in.

Jazz always whoop that regular season warrior *** doe

Smd,..... bro you forgot Spida.

Honestly, Hayward shouldn’t even be in that convo.
List the legit mvp candidates (Hayward is a lolz in that category) and it’s so heavily skewed to the western conference.
It’s crazy.
It is skewed to the West but there are 3/4 legit MVP canidates in the East. This is my list of who I would consider MVP candidates (who could actually win not just be in the conversation) in the NBA next season, which has 6 of the 10 in the West.

LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Giannis Antetokoumpo
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Stephen Curry
Joel Embiid
Kyrie Irving
Russell Westbrook

The teams th Jazz only play 3 times are the Spurs, Warriors, Pelicans and Clippers. That’s pretty good. Only 1 game in San Antonio and the Bay.

What I like most is this:

The Jazz schedule is pretty fair, they play 10 games when they are rested and the opponent is not, they play 10 games the opponent is rested and they are not and they play 62 games when teams are at equal rest.

Last year we played the most back-to-backs in the league (tied with Sacramento, I believe). I never saw a count for the number of games where our opponent was on a back-to-back, but they seemed much less frequent. At least, that's how I remember it.