What's new

2019-20 NFL Thread

I was feeling pretty damn good when the Texans went up 24-0 vs the chiefs. That feeling literally lasted like 10-15 minutes. Lol

I actually wasn’t worried. We all know how insane the Chiefs offense is and Houston’s defense was ranked 27th or worse in every defensive passing category so...

^
Regarding my comment just now, the biggest one that stands out were the 1999 championship games (98 season). The Broncos won again to go back to the Super Bowl but Minny and they’re 15-1 record and juggernaut of an offense with Moss, Carter, Reed, and Smith led by Randall Cunningham (most people forget that) were up by 7 and sent Anderson to kick a relatively short fg with a few minutes left (and he didn’t miss one fg all year) which would’ve sealed the game and he choked and missed it and the Falcons went down to tie the game at the end of regulation before winning it in OT.

I’m predicting Niners-Titans.
Chiefs-Packers is my second guess.

^
Regarding my comment just now, the biggest one that stands out were the 1999 championship games (98 season). The Broncos won again to go back to the Super Bowl but Minny and they’re 15-1 record and juggernaut of an offense with Moss, Carter, Reed, and Smith led by Randall Cunningham (most people forget that) were up by 7 and sent Anderson to kick a relatively short fg with a few minutes left (and he didn’t miss one fg all year) which would’ve sealed the game and he choked and missed it and the Falcons went down to tie the game at the end of regulation before winning it in OT.

Looking interesting right now. Now I’m wondering if I should be rooting for the chiefs.

^

At the same time the ravens were heavily favored to to go to the Super Bowl and their out. So could still be 49ers vs Chiefs. Packers just aren’t an option. Lol

At the same time the ravens were heavily favored to to go to the Super Bowl and their out. So could still be 49ers vs Chiefs. Packers just aren’t an option. Lol

not talking about before the playoffs start. I’m saying day of the championship games.

Just finished watching the game, 49ers dominated their way to a super bowl. Our front four will tee off on Mahomes as they don’t run much. I think the 49ers will run up and down the field on the Chiefs.
Mahomes will get his stats, but the 49ers front and secondary will make him work for it.

Just finished watching the game, 49ers dominated their way to a super bowl. Our front four will tee off on Mahomes as they don’t run much. I think the 49ers will run up and down the field on the Chiefs.
Mahomes will get his stats, but the 49ers front and secondary will make him work for it.

I agree with you.

My feeling is that with Baltimore out the way, the Niners should be favored, but I need to look more at the Chiefs' defense and running game. I know Mahomes makes big plays, but the Niners are going to get to him and make him scramble.

The Niners completely shut out the Packers' offense today. They were shook. Niners' defense let up in the 2nd half. Otherwise, I'm not sure the Packers score more than one TD all night. Then the Niners just completely ran over the Packers' rush defense. Every time Mostert broke the line of scrimmage, it turned into a long gain. It's unbelievable that Garoppolo only threw 8 passes all game.

The key will be the degree to which the Niners can slow down the Chiefs' prolific passing game. Niners should be able to do enough to string together points, but they need to bully KC the same way they got to the Vikings and Packers.

Saw some guy on Twitter who claims to be 26-5 in betting the last 31 Super Bowls. 29-2 straight up.

He likes KC a lot. Makes sense. The line is odd imo and begs people to bet the Niners.

Saw some guy on Twitter who claims to be 26-5 in betting the last 31 Super Bowls. 29-2 straight up.

He likes KC a lot. Makes sense. The line is odd imo and begs people to bet the Niners.
This is nothing new to 49er fans this year. All year the narrative has been “ya they won but...” The 49ers never get the credit they deserve, all year!! Nothing new to me.

This is nothing new to 49er fans this year. All year the narrative has been “ya they won but...” The 49ers never get the credit they deserve, all year!! Nothing new to me.
The 49ers have never trailed in the playoffs, they’ve dominated every second. The 49ers have the bullies on both sides of the ball. KC has not played anyone like this 49ers team. Maybe after we kick their arse these guys will finally get the credit they deserve.

This has nothing to do with credit, idiot. This has to do with Vegas. Trust me when I say A LOT of people will bet the Niners.

The 49ers have never trailed in the playoffs, they’ve dominated every second. The 49ers have the bullies on both sides of the ball. KC has not played anyone like this 49ers team. Maybe after we kick their arse these guys will finally get the credit they deserve.

Tennessee was actually a very good warmup for the Niners. They’re a very physical team and KC managed to shut down Henry yesterday.

Tennessee was actually a very good warmup for the Niners. They’re a very physical team and KC managed to shut down Henry yesterday.

mom idiot!!! That Titans run game is nothing even close to this 49ers run game.

KC knew what Ten. was going to do, and where Henry was going to go. Titans play straight up smash mouth football and dare the other team to tackle their mammoth rb. It’s going to be the offensive line vs the d-line and lb’s. Vs the 49ers the only thing KC knows is that the 49ers want to run the ball. There is so much pre-snap shifting and misdirection not to mention more blockers than defensive players. Look at all of the holes the 8er rb’s were running through, then add the 4.3 speed of those rb’s on the perimeter, and it’s a much more sophisticated passing game than what the titans run as well.

when I say KC hasn’t faced anything like this team, it’s because they haven’t and Kyle Shanahan is the best playcaller in the game, and that’s what KC has to deal with.