What's new

2019-2020 Ticket Price Increase

My parents have been season ticket holders since 1979 (dad killed in 2015). Our lower seats went up, but our front row upper did not. As I do feel bad about some people being priced out, but then you have to remember how cheap the seats really are compared to other markets.

I will say the absolute best thing to happen is being able to trade in tickets for "Jazz Notes". This current year is the first year and I think it is amazing. Before in the past we couldn't even sell the tickets for what we paid, half of what we paid, and ever sometimes give them away. Now we can trade in the tickets and then use the credits on concessions, gear, more games, or use it towards payment on next season or playoff tickets.
That's really cool. I never heard of this jazz notes thing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

My family has had 4th row center season tickets for a long time. The price increase was very relatively small for our seats. Having lived in other markets, I'm not going to complain. Yes, some markets are much cheaper (Indiana for example), but I don't blame them. I've also looked at the prices on the secondary market when other family members are using the tickets when I am in town, and the prices are often crazy, even for games I wouldn't think are desirable. I think the Jazz see that same thing happening, and figure they should capitalize on what people are willing to pay vs the secondary market.

As stated above, the Jazz Notes are pretty cool. We can get credit for games we don't want to go to. Rather than give the tickets away or deal with selling them, we just cash in and purchase extra tickets to take a larger group to a future game. It has been pretty nice, and it puts the tickets we cash in back into the general pool that can be purchased at face value.

But the thing is Jazz fans have had a bargain with ticket prices for a while. So they should be more understanding with a price raise. In my opinion.
Nah. People will always be upset when they have to pay more for something.

I have a really cheap mortgage payment but it went up by about 18 dollars per month this year. Im quite pissed about it even though I still have a lower payment than probably 80 percent of people.

Nah. People will always be upset when they have to pay more for something.

I have a really cheap mortgage payment but it went up by about 18 dollars per month this year. Im quite pissed about it even though I still have a lower payment than probably 80 percent of people.

Nah, when you understand how business works you know that prices will eventually increase. When you understand how things work you are less likely to get upset about it.

You dont "Have" to pay for anything. Its a choice you make. Its a voluntary agreement or deal you make with someone else. Dont want to pay for something? Then the other party doesnt have to be your slave and give you what they have worked for for free