What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I have a bad feeling about that too. The trade would probably be Exum, Favors and more 2nd rounders for Love.

The fan outrage would be ridiculous. There are so many Favors homers who would say that Favors is better than Love (which they are wrong) and we are stupid for taking on Love's contract (which they are right). Some would even argue on Exum's behalf. Not many would applaud the move. We would be better, but not good enough and then Love's contract would strangle us in a couple years.

yeah the contract is the only thing that gives me pause. But offensively he'd be a fabulous fit and i think he's an adequate defender for what we'd need out of him next to Rudy. And a really good rebounder. Swallowing the contract is probably a gamble we'd have to take unless DL knows someone else younger is available. I think he'd have 2-3 really good years left, and the fact that he's sitting out getting his body healthy atm could be a really good thing.

The offense would be ridiculously good with him. I'm a big Fav fan but he's not givng any great rim protection and Love has a better post up game.

We would be better with Kevin Love. That, I do not doubt at all. However, he gets hurt too much and I think he is a defensive liability come playoff time. But, we would be better with him than with Favors and I don't think it's close. Opposing teams do one thing when they match up against Favors - keep him off the offensive glass. That's it. That's the only thing they do.

At the end of the day, I worry more about Rubio and PG than any other position. I'm very confident going with Ingles, O'Neale, Crowder and even Thabo at PF come playoff time when things get smaller. However, I have little faith in Rubio taking us to the promised land.

The problem I have with Love is that getting him would lock the Jazz into being an extremely unathletic team.

You trade for Love, you probably got to re-up with Rubio because there wouldn't be enough cap-space to sign a starting level PG.

Th starting lineup has one above average athlete (Mitchell) and 3 below average athletes (Love/Rubio/Ingles).

The bench wouldn't be much better (I'd assume Exum would be involved in trading for Love). Niang/Crowder/Neto/Bradley/Korver are 5 below average athletes. O'Neale and Allen are only slightly above average athletes.

If you wanted to improve the athleticism of the team you'd have to do it through your MLE, minimum contracts, and the 1st round pick (I'm assuming it doesnt cost a pick to get Love because his contract is pretty outrageous).

The problem I have with Love is that getting him would lock the Jazz into being an extremely unathletic team.

You trade for Love, you probably got to re-up with Rubio because there wouldn't be enough cap-space to sign a starting level PG.

Th starting lineup has one above average athlete (Mitchell) and 3 below average athletes (Love/Rubio/Ingles).

The bench wouldn't be much better (I'd assume Exum would be involved in trading for Love). Niang/Crowder/Neto/Bradley/Korver are 5 below average athletes. O'Neale and Allen are only slightly above average athletes.

If you wanted to improve the athleticism of the team you'd have to do it through your MLE, minimum contracts, and the 1st round pick (I'm assuming it doesnt cost a pick to get Love because his contract is pretty outrageous).

I agree 100%. Love would have been a decent pickup to test drive before he signed that extension. However, at $30 a year at 30+ years old, we need to avoid that contract about as much as avoiding John Wall's contract.

I'm not sure we'll do much at the trade deadline. I could see us doing something small like trading Thabo for a second round pick. Our schedule eases up a lot after December so I expect us to be playing really well as the deadline approaches. I also still think the front office wants to preserve as much cap space as possible to try their luck in 2019 free agency.

My hope is this - NOLA struggles and decides to cash in on Anthony Davis. If NOLA added Lonzo Ball as a main piece for AD, Jrue Holiday is expendable.

Jrue Holiday would be the absolute perfect compliment to what we are. He's a defense first PG. He can play some PG and some SG. He has scored 20ppg the last couple years and averages at least 6apg the last 7 seasons. If the guy played in a big market, he would be a star. He's that good.

The good news would be that there aren't many good teams out there looking for a PG. Sure NY, Orlando or Phoenix would love him, but they don't have the expirings that we do and those teams will not send their 1st's for Jrue.

There are so many Favors homers who would say that Favors is better than Love (which they are wrong) and we are stupid for taking on Love's contract (which they are right).

This year Love has a 16.1 PER and a 0.050 WS/48, plus is injured right now. Favors is 20.6 PER and 0.182 WS/48. I know you love three-point shooting, but there needs to be some standards.

For those touting Trevor Ariza, He's at 10.3 and 0.027, and too small to guard starting 4s on the top teams.

Yeah Love's contract is completely toxic, which is a shame because Love the player is a great teammate and brings a skillset the Jazz desperately need. I'm not really sure about him being a full time 4 anymore with his injuries and already questionable defense either.

My hope is this - NOLA struggles and decides to cash in on Anthony Davis. If NOLA added Lonzo Ball as a main piece for AD, Jrue Holiday is expendable.

Jrue Holiday would be the absolute perfect compliment to what we are. He's a defense first PG. He can play some PG and some SG. He has scored 20ppg the last couple years and averages at least 6apg the last 7 seasons. If the guy played in a big market, he would be a star. He's that good.

The good news would be that there aren't many good teams out there looking for a PG. Sure NY, Orlando or Phoenix would love him, but they don't have the expirings that we do and those teams will not send their 1st's for Jrue.

Ricky Rubio's last 10 games:

15.5 pts, 5.6 asts, 3.9 rebs, 1.5 stls, 46% FG, 41% from 3

Holiday would be a home run imo. In fact I put him in a similar level to Beal.

If we could somehow get holiday and Niko then I would actually believe we would have a championship caliber roster. (As long as we didn't give up any of our core in the trade of course)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exum/Favors + trade exempt + fillers for Love

Rubio
Donovan
Ingles
Love
Gobert

GG

It's a pipe dream but if I was DL I'd be calling the Magic to check the availability of one of their PFs. Gordon is uber athletic and is enough of a threat to space the floor as well as being able to handle a bit too as another ball handler in the offense, while Isaac/Gobert in the frontcourt would be stupidly hard to score on and Isaac doesn't need the ball to be effective.