What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Jazz should acquire draft assets and try to draft talent. This is how they've gotten their best players historically.

They could also make a play for Jimmy Butler if Philly and LA don't make him a priority.

well. I kinda knew we won’t ****. Jazz never do anything if there is a rumor. I thought it would be different this time... oh well

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Jazz should acquire draft assets and try to draft talent. This is how they've gotten their best players historically.

They could also make a play for Jimmy Butler if Philly and LA don't make him a priority.

I don't think Jimmy Butler would have any interest at all in coming here.

Guess our only hope now is the off-season...

Yes in Lindsey's summer free agent mini-camp. Grayson Allen was the result of that mini-camp?

DL is tricking us.

This trade deadline showed us that Exum has a value around the league!

Last edited:
Yes in Lindsey's summer free agent mini-camp. Grayson Allen was the result of that mini-camp.

DL is tricking us.

This trade deadline showed us that Exum has a value around the league!
I think that's just a rumor put out so the front office feels better about the money and pick they wasted.

Hypothetically, could we trade Favors and our pick for somebody who has a contract next season and that other team saves money by not guaranteeing Favors' deal?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
LoPo
This was an epic thread! Thanks to you and the awesome Jazzfanz posters. Truly, thanks to all.

We didn't improve, but we didn't bite on a bad deal either. I'm okay with bringing Ricky and Favs back for the rest of the season, and we have some flexibility for the off-season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

DL brings to the Jazz especially the players that were connected to Snyder when he was in the Atlanta coaching stuff.
Mack, Thabo, Korver...
They took Rubio in order to convince Hayward to resign with the Jazz.
This is not the way to make a qualitative leap.

DL brings to the Jazz especially the players that were connected to Snyder when he was in the Atlanta coaching stuff.
Mack, Thabo, Korver...
They took Rubio in order to convince Hayward to resign with the Jazz.
This is not the way to make a qualitative leap.
#TeamIsEverything

Did you guys hear that Kevin Durrant finally spoke to the media? I didn't hear anything he said, but can safely assume that there were hidden hints in it that clearly signaled to DL that we're signing him. That's why a move wasn't made, we need the cap space.

I'm hoping Exum still turns into like Penny w/ defense for us. But he's been injured most the time. Probably made out of glass? Idk.. although good to see Jazz still have high hopes for him too.

I said a few days ago that DL was going to trade JFC hopes and dreams for a case of blue balls. I’d say I hit pretty good on that prediction.

Go read Larsen's article. Had some good stuff. It sounds as though we would have offered a combo of Favs/pick/exum/allen to the Wiz, but they liked the Bulls package better... they seemingly don't value first round picks he mentioned.

So it does sound like we poked around that one but Wiz are just dumb... which seems really consistent with all other reporting. The pile of seconds for Niko kinda sucks, but if we were trading for Niko we kinda had to trade Favs too... I know, I know we could ask for him to come off the bench... meh... just a sucky deadline.

I'm hopeful cuz with the number of FA available this summer and the amount of cap space we've got, it's hard to come up empty again.