What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Woj just tweeted that NOP has no interest in moving Jrue, according to the teams who have called the pelis to gauge their interest.

Would you guys do this trade?

Jazz get Fultz and 2020 2nd Round pick - New Orleans
76ers get Mirotic and 2019 Jazz 1st (Lottery protected)
Pelicans get Exum and 2019 2nd round pick (Bulls) via Philadelphia

Not that there's any rumors about this, I'm just curious.

Andy Larsen said on his podcast that Otto Porter is the most likely acquisition. He said he heard that the wizards were the ones trying to get the jazz to do the deal, but like a day later their owner says they’re not trading porter lol.

Way too good for philly and bad for Utah IMO

Way too good for philly and bad for Utah IMO

The reason I ask is because Mirotic to Philly makes a lot of sense to me... and Locke's idea that a trade may make us worse this season makes me think that we might be looking at a player that is injured. Maybe that was Porzingis, but who knows.

Jazz need to try to buy low and sell high to accumulate assets in order to have the ammunition to make a big trade at some point. It’s a damn shame that Exum can’t stay healthy because he should be their best trade chip right now.

The reason I ask is because Mirotic to Philly makes a lot of sense to me... and Locke's idea that a trade may make us worse this season makes me think that we might be looking at a player that is injured. Maybe that was Porzingis, but who knows.
Not that I’m advocating it, but the Jazz would be better off trading Exum for Mirotic instead of getting Fultz. That just seems like a terrible risk giving up that much for a guy who is as big of a mess as Fultz has been. At least Mirotic has been productive. Not sure how he fits, but he’s productive.

I'm all for gambling on a guy like Fultz if the price is right. I feel like if he was in Utah instead of Philly and away from as much media attention as he gets, he might just thrive. I also think that the Jazz staff could work wonders with him. Exum plus a first is a little steep though. I'd like to buy lower if at all possible. Worth thinking about though imo. Kid has a ton of talent. He was a #1 pick for a reason.

Jazz have bigger issues/priorities than taking a gamble on Fultz imo. We also give up a 1st while arguably receiving the worst player in the trade, Philly commits highway robbery on this one.

Andy Larsen said on his podcast that Otto Porter is the most likely acquisition. He said he heard that the wizards were the ones trying to get the jazz to do the deal, but like a day later their owner says they’re not trading porter lol.

I like that. But do we have anything to satisfy them?

I'm all for gambling on a guy like Fultz if the price is right. I feel like if he was in Utah instead of Philly and away from as much media attention as he gets, he might just thrive. I also think that the Jazz staff could work wonders with him. Exum plus a first is a little steep though. I'd like to buy lower if at all possible. Worth thinking about though imo. Kid has a ton of talent. He was a #1 pick for a reason.

Here's my logic with the picks:

Jazz don't want the 2019 first rounder. Pelicans could be bad again in 2020, so maybe early 2nd 2020 > First Rounder 2019
Philly has demanded a first back for Fultz. They get to save face by getting back a "first rounder" even though its really only 10 spots higher than the 2019 Bulls 2nd Rounder
Pelicans want to compete, but know they aren't resigning Mirotic. They get back a near-first this season with the Bulls pick and a young player that could be useful in a rebuild.

Fultz could be better than Exum in a year, it wouldn't exactly take much. Exum at 11m a year isn't exactly cheap anymore either. As for the pick, we'll be drafting around #20 in a below average year. Maybe another Grayson Allen type will be there. Yay?

**** no. We'd be giving up Exum and a 1st for Fultz, his ****ed up body and psychotic mom.