What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

this deal just killed two birds with one stone. our hopes of getting Satoransky/Porter diminished. but hey, we can still get Parker after Wiz buying him out lol
Three birds. In certain scenarios, I was interested in Parker and his contract.

this deal just killed two birds with one stone. our hopes of getting Satoransky/Porter diminished. but hey, we can still get Parker after Wiz buying him out lol

They’re not buying him out. Are they? And if they do, he’ll go to the Lakers. Watch.

Over time, I came to understand the summer dealings and made my peace. Now, I'm pissed again. So tired of flawed loyalty. We seem 100% okay with mediocrity.

Raptors are reportedly no longer pursuing Mike Conley. And Detroit has apparently been "priced out" of the running. According to the score

Jazz might be the only bidders left.

Lol and all you guys thought the Jazz would trade a pick for Porter. I told ya'll he was a negative asset, Wiz basically dumped salary and got a whatever player in Portis.

Man, that's a poor return for the Wizards. Porter's contract is pricey but he's young and a solid forward. Looks like Leonsis and Grunfeld just decided they were happy simply getting rid of his contract.
they are simply paying the price for that Wall extension deal. it's just not good for any teams to have one single player getting paid at over 40mil a year. look at Wall/Pual and how much damages their contracts have done to their respective teams.

Porter Jr doesn't provide what we need anyway so who cares. Parker is still a buyout option for us I would assume. I don't think the Wiz keep him.

Just please trade Favors. I don't care if you trade him for a bad contract and a pick. Please just trade him. I can't stand another summer when DL gives us the whole "we were aggressive but nothing was available" garbage.

If we get into summer with Favors on the roster, we are going to pick up his option because we are going to strike out in free agency yet again. Then the same damn rotation next year where we seem like we are going to trade him at the deadline.

This is so frustrating.

They’re not buying him out. Are they? And if they do, he’ll go to the Lakers. Watch.
either buying him out right now or they just not gonna pick up his team option for next year, one way or another. this is a money saving move for the Wiz in an attempt to resign Satoransky in the summer.

Lol and all you guys thought the Jazz would trade a pick for Porter. I told ya'll he was a negative asset, Wiz basically dumped salary and got a whatever player in Portis.
Kinda, kinda not. It's a weird deal, it kind of defies simple reasoning. I think?

I think they want to try out Parker. I think they view him as a potential longterm piece. I also have a thing for Bobby Portis.

The more I think about it, the more I like it for the Wizards. However, I think they could've probably done better and all of their hot-air about the matter is just so, so dumb.

Man, that's a poor return for the Wizards. Porter's contract is pricey but he's young and a solid forward. Looks like Leonsis and Grunfeld just decided they were happy simply getting rid of his contract.

The Jazz could have beat this offer. Either they have something else in mind, or there were some red flags with Porter. They were certainly not caught off guard here.