What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

K so rumors are Otto isn't available and asking price is high... then it was like hey they might move him and then they move him for that????

I have to think with all the smoke we had around Otto that we were still interested. Ricky or Favs plus Grayson or a pick is better than what they got.

They have to pay both of those guys this offseason if they want to retain them... Wiz gonna Wiz man.
I'm kinda bummed because I want to try Parker out and get out from Dante, his hype, and his stupid ****ing contract. I bounced on the Porter idea a while ago, so whatever.

Sure if Jazz can't find a suitor in FA, they have set themselves up to retain a very good player in Favors and try again next offseason. The LOL is just trading him to trade him. Glad we don't have an impulsive FO.

Yeah I'm being a little bit sarcastic here, but I'll be very disappointed if we put the same team on the floor pretty much 3 years in a row. I love Favors, but the guy has to go. He's never developing range.

Why the fascination with Mirotic? From all accounts he’s a bit of a dick. His teammates don’t like him. Why bring him into a tight knit locker room? I’m still pissed about Mark Jackson essentially making Stockton’s last year miserable.

The Jazz could have beat this offer. Either they have something else in mind, or there were some red flags with Porter. They were certainly not caught off guard here.

This seems every big trade out there. It’s frustrating as a jazz fan.

They downgraded Porter to Parker in order to gain some financial flexibility this summer.
portis can ball + porter's contract is way too pricy for someone who doesn't do much outside of 3 and D. I'd agree WAS will be the winner of this trade if they manage to keep both Satoransky and Portis in the summer.

Yeah I'm being a little bit sarcastic here, but I'll be very disappointed if we put the same team on the floor pretty much 3 years in a row. I love Favors, but the guy has to go. He's never developing range.

These types of comments solidify how underrated Favors is and what he provides for this team. Sure there's a case to be made that a stretch 4 could be a better fit (I'm skeptical defensively and about our backup C minutes), but to just be sick of a good, productive player on the team is selling him so short.

Woj is reporting that Houston is picking up Iman Shumpert from Sacto in a three-team deal. Cleveland is the third team.

Why the fascination with Mirotic? From all accounts he’s a bit of a dick. His teammates don’t like him. Why bring him into a tight knit locker room? I’m still pissed about Mark Jackson essentially making Stockton’s last year miserable.

"Cause he can shoot" Even though he isn't even shooting THAT much better than Crowder this year.

Pissed that we didnt get Jabari, but happy for Jabari. He gets to finally showcase his talent.

A lot of people around here gonna be feeling pretty dumb when they see what he does in Washington. I dont see how they pull the same nonsense as Chicago.

Pretty sure this gets Boylen fired too. That dude is so trash.