What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

The league is overflowing with starting-quality PGs AND the league is trending away from traditional PGs like Rubio.

I think he will be had for between the MLE and $11 million.
Then we ****ed up by letting him know we were trading his ***. Rubio for that amount as a third guard is enormous value. ****.

they never wanted to trade AD... I love the narrative Lakers are pushing that "they" did this to ruin "our" chemistry and that they didn't negotiate in good faith... so egocentric.

NO never negotiated in good faith because they never engaged with LA. The rumors and **** all came from LA... they did this to themselves... not saying NO didn't enjoy it, but I love the narrative that it was a devious plan.

They will hold him out and be justified in doing so... League can say whatever they want... dude demanded a trade and did so openly.

They will potential be able to steal the 1 or 2 pick or SGA and a pile of picks or Tatum and a pile of picks... they just want the best package. If you are giving up $100 for a nice dinner you want steak or lobster... not 100 ham sandwiches... Lakers assets are ham sandwiches...

All of THIS!

How important is he to them making a run at the playoffs this year?

Don't know, but if they are going to get Bogdonovic/Barnes/Bagley minutes at the 3-4 there may be some balancing. He may not be any more available, but I think they moved Shump in part to alleviate a logjam.

Hey, Utah. You guys wanna make a trade or are you just gonna laugh at my belt picture again?

scott-layden-of-the-utah-jazz-poses-for-a-portrait-during-nba-media-picture-id104922539

If we really want Conley (I’m not 100% sold) then letting Exum get in the way of that is stupid dumb. Conley is better than Exum ever will be...

I get why we want to keep him but we need to have more self awareness. There is like a 20% chance Exum becomes a good starting... and maybe a 5% chance he is something more than that... he is likely a good 3rd guard when healthy but also has bust potential because of injury.

Everyone wondering about why we are hanging on to Exum should also consider why the Grizzlies want Exum so badly. If he's not valuable, why would it be a sticking point in the trade?

Can we just send Lopo as an undercover to the Grizzlies's front office? He would even trade us the Grizzlies's mascot.

On a side note, this makes me wonder if Lopo plays NBA 2K and if he makes the AI explode with his 5-team trade ideas

Love ya @LoPo
Hell I live in Nashville. I have time to drive down there and force the deal.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app