What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Is it really the worst thing that the Jazz don't make a move before the trade deadline? Let's be honest, it's the Warriors championship to lose this year and the best possible outcome for Utah is the conference finals in my opinion. The off season would be a better time to acquire a free agent for next season in hopes the Warriors break apart to give other teams a chance. I know some people won't agree with that but that's just what I think.

Maybe this is all Ricky using puppy dog eyes on DL to stay.

I'm kinda shocked how people are mad about the lack of trade. None of the guys that have been moved are what we could have/should have beat:

Harris - 2 firsts for a guy we could sign in the summer or he could just leave us had we done it - pass

Mirotic - expiring this summer...same thing. I'm not a big Mirotic guy though so that's my thing there.

Porter - I don't think he's worth that contract and he cant create for himself which is what we need.

Shumpert? Lol.

I'm just at a loss of who we had the assets for and who we didn't get. I don't think that third guy is gettable right now. Why make a move just to make a move and potentially regret the way it impacts later trades?

Is it really the worst thing that the Jazz don't make a move before the trade deadline? Let's be honest, it's the Warriors championship to lose this year and the best possible outcome for Utah is the conference finals in my opinion. The off season would be a better time to acquire a free agent for next season in hopes the Warriors break apart to give other teams a chance. I know some people won't agree with that but that's just what I think.
Letting expirings expire year after year with no free agency success is wasting assets.

We can trade Rubio for long term value, his contract expires, then we re-sign him this summer. Same with Favors really.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

it isn't the worst but it is frustrating. not upgrading could mean getting out in the first rounder or making it to the second. not trading our dead space like Thabo and moving our pick is a waste. I'd rather not make a mistake but man, if we were even slightly better it would make a huge difference.

Letting expirings expire year after year with no free agency success is wasting assets.

We can trade Rubio for long term value, his contract expires, then we re-sign him this summer. Same with Favors really.

Again, who is giving us assets for those supposed valuable expirings?

If I'm not mistaken half the league has cap space this summer. Who is buying those guys for assets?

Jody Genessy‏ @DJJazzyJody
You don't just trade someone who can meow like that.
1f63b.png

I thought this was funny... It was a great commercial....

Wouldn't be shocked at this point if nothing happens and they go into next season with more cap flexibility.

Again, who is giving us assets for those supposed valuable expirings?

If I'm not mistaken half the league has cap space this summer. Who is buying those guys for assets?
I will make you a comprehensive list later. Our problem is that we don't take bad contracts that come with assets because we want to do well in free agency then we fail. So we lose assets..,