Mike Conley / Randy Foye

vs.

Numberica

Clarkson | Gaines
Bell | Giricek
Hayward | (Giricek and Evans)
Williams | Evans
Favors | Diaw

Hekate will win this whole thing running away. Getting Malone and having even just a decent supporting cast is just overwhelming for this particular draft. But he has a solid supporting cast on top of it. Game over.

You told me this was going up Monday. I actually had/have a game plan and wanted to submit a write-up. Jesus Christ.

I should save myself the indignity of submitting a half-assed write up since I don’t have time now and that this is probably already over.

Versatility and strategy can make up for star power.

Nobody outside of Conley and Malone in the starting lineup can do **** with a basketball if they have to dribble. Royce hardly shoots, Udoh is worthless outside of bunnies at the rim. General gameplan is to swarm Conley and Malone and mix up the methods.

-Bell will be assigned Conley
-When Marv is on Malone, Bell/Marv will trap Conley in the PnR and Favors will help off Udoh to cover Malone in case Conley can get the pass off, though I don’t think Conley would do well with it.
-When Favors is on Malone (and especially if Conley is inside the arc), he will drop into the paint. Marv will double off Udoh on the catch. The goal isn’t to leave Udoh completely unguarded, but I’m certainly not concerned about him winning the game for them. At all.
-Clarkson and Hayward will toggle on Korver and Royce. Whoever’s on Korver stays glued to him and whoever’s on Royce will be watching for rotations and opportunities to intercept passes.
-Conley will be at a significant size disadvantage.
-Out of Clarkson and Hayward, the offense will be targeted to whoever Korver (or Conley) is guarding.
-Evans/Diaw will wreak some havok in the second unit.

Last edited:
Favors might be the guy from jazz you’d want guarding Malone. IMO.
Not if you're trapping Conley. Udoh is worthless offense, so his assignment has an opportunity to help off of him abundantly. In other words, Favors on Udoh is actually Favors on Malone in that scheme.

Numb’s team is actually better but people think Malone could win this by himself. This is why nobody likes doing this one.

This is seriously the last time you’re running one of these. Just wow.
This draft comp has been run much better than the others. It’s had good pace, participation, and I made this competition fresh by introducing new ideas.
I changed my mind because one of you pm’d me a better way, I listened. I did what I could to make all aware of the change. It’s not my fault your a complainer. I’ve been the most active Commissioner in these drafts. You can’t argue with that. It’s also the first draft I’ve run, and will only get better. You knew who I was going in and you still signed up, you’ve challenged me and been a bitch through this entire process. You can’t deny this has been the best run draft this year.

Not if you're trapping Conley. Udoh is worthless offense, so his assignment has an opportunity to help off of him abundantly. In other words, Favors on Udoh is actually Favors on Malone in that scheme.
That would leave Udoh alone to set off-ball screens for Korver.

And while trapping Conley is a legit idea, none of my players are ball-hogs. They can move the ball around and find someone open and Conley played all his career without secondary ballhandlers, you can't constantly trap him.

And I can counter with

Malone
Royce
Korver
Foye
Conley

That makes me small but that would make any PnR with Malone deadly.

This is seriously the last time you’re running one of these. Just wow.

FWIW, put the blame on me. Thee PM’ed me about posting the next matchups and I told him (out of nowhere) to do it Friday am instead of Monday am because I had seen Jason’s message at the top of the website about it being down on Tuesday.

And yes, Thee is my bitch like that.