Deron Williams-Derek Fisher

vs.

David Hume

Al Jefferson / Jeff Wilkins
Jae Crowder / Danny Manning
David Benoit
Blue Edwards
Donovan Mitchell / Emmanuel Mudiay

Like why on Earth do you start Fes over Kanter?

Kanter can actually play and not foul out in 10 minutes.

I love this matchup. Pretty tough, IMO.

-It is unfortunate for Wes that he doesn't have a PnR big to go with Ingles and Deron or this whole contest might be over.
-Hume has some monstrous athleticism 1-3 (they all participated in the slam dunk contest).
-Wes built a little more cohesive roster, Hume's has more juice.

I love this matchup. Pretty tough, IMO.

-It is unfortunate for Wes that he doesn't have a PnR big to go with Ingles and Deron or this whole contest might be over.
-Hume has some monstrous athleticism 1-3 (they all participated in the slam dunk contest).
-Wes built a little more cohesive roster, Hume's has more juice.

Out of curiosity, based on who was left, who would you have selected otherwise in the 3rd, 4th or 5th? Not saying I disagree. Just wondering who you think a better choice was.

I'm looking, but I'm not sure. I know this will be controversial, but I don't think Stockton is even in the top-5 of Jazz players you could build around. The pool of players to build around in this draft doesn't even get to the 3rd round, and even some of the players taken in the 1st were laughable in my opinion. Stockton's work would really only shine through if he has options.

I'm looking, but I'm not sure. I know this will be controversial, but I don't think Stockton is even in the top-5 of Jazz players you could build around. The A of players to build around in this draft doesn't even get to the 3rd round, and even some of the players taken in the 1st were laughable in my opinion. Stockton's work would really only shine through if he has options.

Agreed. It’s why I traded down to get Deron and in doing so moved up three picks in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Regarding what I’m missing, I felt a stretch 4 absolutely a necessity. And I couldn’t pass up the stretchability, switchability and defense that Ingles, Carroll, and Johnson offer 2-4. Thought that outweighed any mediocre big I may get.

Regarding what I’m missing, I felt a stretch 4 absolutely a necessity. And I couldn’t pass up the stretchability, switchability and defense that Ingles, Carroll, and Johnson offer 2-4. Thought that outweighed any mediocre big I may get.
It allows you to make the most of what you got, for sure.

I think I dropped the ball at the end of the 5th. I should’ve taken Udoh. How much better would my team be if Udoh started?

I think I dropped the ball at the end of the 5th. I should’ve taken Udoh. How much better would my team be if Udoh started?
Agreed. It would've been substantially better. At least before the trade. Cy made a good point about take Russell before Matthews, too, that I think is merited.

Agreed. It would've been substantially better. At least before the trade. Cy made a good point about take Russell before Matthews, too, that I think is merited.

Ellis and I had our trade worked out after the first round. The picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds were made for one another.

Ellis and I had our trade worked out after the first round. The picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds were made for one another.
I should've done something like that in the 7th or 8th round with Giricek. I'm still chaffed that we can't just dump players we drafted to pick from the undrafted, and I still can't believe that Jay Humphries wasn't drafted but that Sundiata Gaines was.

Congratulations to @Wes Mantooth as it looks like he will win. He put together a fine team and after reading his analysis of the Stockton trade, it makes sense. In retrospect, I should have drafted Thurl Bailey instead of Al Jefferson. That's what I was planning to do, but I got sidetracked, distracted, and made a spur of the moment decision that backfired. I wanted a "Run DMC" type team (Donavan, Matthews, Carroll?) and Big T could have played center. I still got the athletic trifecta of Mitchell, Blue Edwards and Benoit, but the Edwards pick was also widely panned. So it goes.