What's new

2020 Annual All-Time NBA Draft

I dislike the pre-Jordan era NBA. The game, players, and statistics are largely and virtually incompatible with today’s game. Wilt Chamberlain scoring 50 a game? Yeah, okay.

If anyone is down, I wanna do a 80’s-current draft/league after this.

Chamberlain at the end of his career held his own plus some against a young prime Kareem.

But.. because he didn’t play in the 80’s and Kareem did he isn’t incompatible with today’s game and his stats aren’t either.. but Kareem is. I understand your sentiment but you used the worst possible player as an example.

Wilt could have played in any era and be dominant.

Chamberlain at the end of his career held his own plus some against a young prime Kareem.

But.. because he didn’t play in the 80’s and Kareem did he isn’t incompatible with today’s game and his stats aren’t either.. but Kareem is. I understand your sentiment but you used the worst possible player as an example.

I think he was trying to say Wilt wouldn't average 50 in other eras, not that he would be obsolete.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

I personally think you cannot say for instance "Player X would have played well/bad nowadays", since if mister X would have really played in our days he also would have trained himself in a very different way.
I mean, more work with three point session, more gym workout etc...
Basketball, like all things, is evolving...but there are some player who actually had left (and someone is leaving) a mark in the "Book of Basketball" and for me they will always be out of time/ immortal.

I personally think you cannot say for instance "Player X would have played well/bad nowadays", since if mister X would have really played in our days he also would have trained himself in a very different way.
I mean, more work with three point session, more gym workout etc...
Basketball, like all things, is evolving...but there are some player who actually had left (and someone is leaving) a mark in the "Book of Basketball" and for me they will always be out of time/ immortal.
But at the same time you can’t just say how good a three point shooter Oscar Robinson would’ve been had he trained and practiced 3’s. So you have no choice but to take three point shooting out of the equation. You also can’t quantity how athletic Oscar would be had he lived now.

Why would he average more than someone like LeBron or Durant? What’s your reasoning on that.

Because he was quicker and more athletically gifted overall. I love Lebron but he didn’t have the sheer quickness, fluidity or agility that Michael did as a ballhandler. Most importantly though, the rules are different and would be far more advantageous today. When he played you could handcheck and forearm the hell out of players. Now, a guy gets any semblance of grazed and a whistle is blown.

Because he was quicker and more athletically gifted overall. I love Lebron but he didn’t have the sheer quickness, fluidity or agility that Michael did as a ballhandler. Most importantly though, the rules are different and would be far more advantageous today. When he played you could handcheck and forearm the hell out of players. Now, a guy gets any semblance of grazed and a whistle is blown.
Look at how Harden plays, and imagine if Jordan had gotten the same type of officiating. . .

Also, for the record - I’m still offering 62 and 67 for an OTC pick and a 9th/10th round pick back.

I have a specific target in mind. Once he’s gone, I’ll just stay put and see how the board falls.