What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

The probably can’t play. But if they pop, the reward is so great. Doke has no chance of playing the next 3 years outside of Favors getting hurt. The potential reward? A backup C that plays 12 MPG.

Guys that play big with a 7'9" reach and a motor stick in the NBA. Add in soft hands and Doke will be in the NBA for a long time to come. The only concern is injuries, but I'm not sure wrist ligaments are that big of a chronic worry. Dude just needs to treat the rim nicer.

On the other hand only 5 or 6 guys drafted out of the lottery have a chance of sticking in the league, maybe less with this weak draft class. We get one of those, we won with our position in the draft.

I listened to the Boeheim pod cast on Hughes and he said he really is a good defender. He said the Cuse plays at least half their practices in man to man and Hughes was really good at it.

I want to believe this so much, but Boeheim is the last dude that is going to be straight about this. The 1 block a game tells me he gives a dman about defense though, which is a start.

I have no idea what the team projects Doke to be, but I do know in the modern NBA he is certainly not going to be “blocked” from playing. If he proves himself to be good enough to get minutes, he will.
You and I and everyone hear knows for a fact he won’t play for the next three years unless something happens to Favors or Gobert. They aren’t spending upwards of $40 million a season on two centers to give a chance to a guy whose ball skills make Rudy look like Anthony Davis.

You and I and everyone hear knows for a fact he won’t play for the next three years unless something happens to Favors or Gobert. They aren’t spending upwards of $40 million a season on two centers to give a chance to a guy whose ball skills make Rudy look like Anthony Davis.
Udoh got 6.5 minutes a game in 18-19. Seems like a good place to start for the Rookie. Rudy got 9.6 his rookie year.

None of Bane/Bey/Woodard are even close to rotation ready. They might not even be NBA players. They certainly weren't some sort of "solution" to what currently ails us.
They can play 8-10 minutes a night and would fill a huge need we have in 1-2 years. Udoka will be in storage for 3 years and has zero trade value. Everyone said the same **** about josh hart and Derrick white... we literally made the same mistake we were working to clean up... it’s a complete **** up... flat out.

Bane might be the most nba ready player in the draft.

That Syracuse has SENT some NBA players does not mean they PRODUCED them

But do you have any examples?
The Syracuse wings have uhhhhhh not exactly lit the world on fire. I’m fine with the selection... it’d be actually smart if we were going to play some zone but we won’t.

Udoh got 6.5 minutes a game in 18-19. Seems like a good place to start for the Rookie. Rudy got 9.6 his rookie year.
If Udoka is even with the big boy club? Udoh got minutes in mostly blowouts. I’m not sure why people are defending the front office... they aren’t good... the pick was stupid and this is no longer a one off occurrence... it’s a pattern of stupidity.

I listened to the Boeheim pod cast on Hughes and he said he really is a good defender. He said the Cuse plays at least half their practices in man to man and Hughes was really good at it.
Well this will be good. I look forward to the same crew that downplays anyone as a potential solution because they play garbage minutes ,or something else, to pimp up his defense based on some third hand reports of college practices.

They can play 8-10 minutes a night and would fill a huge need we have in 1-2 years. Udoka will be in storage for 3 years and has zero trade value. Everyone said the same **** about josh hart and Derrick white... we literally made the same mistake we were working to clean up... it’s a complete **** up... flat out.

Bane might be the most nba ready player in the draft.

Bane bites. Some players merely adopt mediocrity; Bane was born in it, molded by it.

Bane bites. Some players merely adopt mediocrity; Bane was born in it, molded by it.
Yeah I mean the best shooter in the draft who gets it off motion is total ***... he also does this dumb thing called passing... it’s so lazy he gives up the ball so that others have to do the scoring. His hand pads are awful too... total garbage prospect.

Guys that play big with a 7'9" reach and a motor stick in the NBA. Add in soft hands and Doke will be in the NBA for a long time to come.
Watching the legend of Doke grow over the next three years while he never plays for this team is gonna be fun. Hell, it’s already begun since his wingspan has grown two inches in less than three days!

lol

-Syracuse didn’t “produce” Melo, they rented him.
-total **** defender.
-that was almost 20 years ago.

Saying Hughes is a defensive prospect at this stage is pure fiction. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t do it, but we really have no data to suggest that is a thing.
Pretending Bane is going to contribute anything at all to this year's squad is a bigger fiction.

Yeah I mean the best shooter in the draft who gets it off motion is total ***... he also does this dumb thing called passing... it’s so lazy he gives up the ball so that others have to do the scoring. His hand pads are awful too... total garbage prospect.
Dat inverse wingspan doe.