What's new

2020 NBA Draft Live Thread

Avery

This is the live thread for tonight's action beginning at 6pm MST. A couple things to remember for those following this thread:

1. Twitter guys like Woj and Shams will be spoiling picks before they are announced on TV, potentially even 3-4 picks ahead of the show ("has a laser on", "focused", etc.) If you are a purist, stay off Twitter and consider yourself warned that you may not want to be in this thread either as somebody will spoil picks in advance.

2. The draft will be live on ESPN. If you don't have ESPN, you'll still be able to see it streaming online through various sites such as https://buffstreams.tv/watch-basketball, https://www.stream2watch.is/live-sports/basketball/, etc. These may have a slight delay vs. real-time, but something to keep in mind.

3. Remember there's only five minutes between picks in round one and only two minutes alloted in round two so things will move fast. Chances are that the Jazz pick will likely occur around the 8pm - 8:30pm range.

Last edited:
Personally, I see the Jazz drafting Bey ahead of Woodard. Bey is a more versatile defender, especially guarding quicker wings and picking up guards on switches. Bey is also a better rebounder and passer. If the Jazz want a high-energy wing defender with some length, Bey is pretty prototypical. I still see Woodard as something of a project.

I suggest we continue draft discussion here even before then.

I think I’ve settled on Bane but I don’t think he’ll be there at 27.

Personally, I see the Jazz drafting Bey ahead of Woodard. Bey is a more versatile defender, especially guarding quicker wings and picking up guards on switches. If the Jazz want a high-energy wing defender with some length, Bey is pretty prototypical. He's also an underrated passer.
Tony Jones has been pumping him up and using Andre Roberson as a point to make about how valuable it is to be elite just at defense.

I honestly think he makes a point. Bey is just an incredible defensive talent. Hope he’s there at 38 but given his combine athletic numbers I think that’s a long shot.

Tony Jones has been pumping him up and using Andre Roberson as a point to make about how valuable it is to be elite just at defense.

I honestly think he makes a point. Bey is just an incredible defensive talent. Hope he’s there at 38 but given his combine athletic numbers I think that’s a long shot.

The Jazz reportedly really liked Brandon Clarke last year. Bey is the closest thing to Brandon Clarke in this draft. If the Jazz want Bey, they need to take him at #27.

Report is we’ve been keeping tabs on him and we used one of our workouts on him. Leaning more towards probably 38 though but who knows.
It seems like an I am so much smarter than everyone type of pick... "we know pace and have some insider knowledge... his balance test and hand pad evaluation went well but what really sold us is his dad never had to ask him to take the trash out... that is Jazz DNA right there"

I am 100% sure Locke has heard the **** we been talking about the Adonis body because he said I like the body multiple times and he never once said Adonis... can almost hear a pause because he wants to do it.

I’m all in on Bey. I like what he brings on the court and he comes across as a good guy in interviews too. Let’s go!

Report is we’ve been keeping tabs on him and we used one of our workouts on him. Leaning more towards probably 38 though but who knows.

Pritchard is better than Nico, imo. And I'd be surprised if we passed on a wing shooter like Nwora or Hughes for a backup guard like Nico. The Jazz can just re-acquire Neto if they have that itch.

Something to watch... if the second round guy projected in the 30s won't sign a two way he may slip much lower or even go undrafted... there may be a few of these guys.

With all the tampering we should know what we are doing with JC by now... if he isn't coming back I'd strongly consider swapping Ed/Tony for Delon Wright (rumor is Mavs want to dump some salary but that could change). I heard they might include draft compensation to do it. Maybe you move from 38 to 31 or from 27 to 18 (probably not).

Pritchard is better than Nico, imo. And I'd be surprised if we passed on a wing shooter like Nwora or Hughes for a backup guard like Nico. The Jazz can just re-acquire Neto if they have that itch.
Neto is much better and much sexier... do that instead.