What's new

2020 Vintage 80’s 90’s draft winner changes my picture.

I’ll trade Kidd and Kemp as a package for an upgrade and an upcoming pick if anyone is interested.

Just bought 25 800 count boxes of baseball cards for $50.
Have gone through four boxes so far. Ripken, Bonds, McGwire, Maddox and a ton of other rookies or solid cards.

Was praying he’d drop to me.
Me too. I went with Kobe and Carter earlier than I probably should have because I figured they’d get over drafted and I thought I might be able to steal a couple of old timers (Worthy, Moncrief and Iceman were my top targets) with my next two picks and then move one or both to the bench.

Unfortunately, there was a run on point guards (thought for sure that Sid Moncrief would fall), but I got lucky with Worthy.

I’ll take it and be grateful.

I may be looking at this wrong... are we looking to build a team, where the parts fit and you view them together or just get as many good players as possible. Will drive my thinking from here on out. There are hall of famers on the board but I'm looking more at fit/role players if I was putting together a real team. Like instead of Kyrie Irving I'm looking for Khris Middleton's.

I may be looking at this wrong... are we looking to build a team, where the parts fit and you view them together or just get as many good players as possible. Will drive my thinking from here on out. There are hall of famers on the board but I'm looking more at fit/role players if I was putting together a real team. Like instead of Kyrie Irving I'm looking for Khris Middleton's.

smfh

But only his rookie year was in the 90's.... (and it was the lockout year, so not even a full season)
What? Kobe was drafted in 1996. He played 96/97, 97/98, and 87/99 that counts in this.

This was a decent pick. Vince Carter on the other hand was not so good. But not nearly as bad as Paul Pierce that early.

@Wes Could have/should have easily won this except for that pick, but maybe can still fix it or has enough to overcome it.

What? Kobe was drafted in 1996. He played 96/97, 97/98, and 87/99 that counts in this.

This was a decent pick. Vince Carter on the other hand was not so good. But not nearly as bad as Paul Pierce that early.

@Wes Could have/should have easily won this except for that pick, but maybe can still fix it or has enough to overcome it.
Kobe pick that early wasn’t good. In a draft like this, still wasn’t good. His name had star power but it wasn’t his coming out party just yet. He shouldn’t be starting in this.

Kobe pick that early wasn’t good. In a draft like this, still wasn’t good. His name had star power but it wasn’t his coming out party just yet. He shouldn’t be starting in this.
He’s not starting. He’ll be my 6th man and I’ll start Carter and Worthy. I gambled when I picked them, but ended up having it mostly work out how I hoped it would.

A.) I wanted him, and assumed he’d get over drafted by someone like Spida, Zion and Doncic in other drafts based on that “name“ power.

B.) I believed that at least one (possibly two) legends would fall to my next set of picks (Worthy did) and I could slide Kobe to my 6th man role.

C.) I had a number of PGs that I liked still on the board, but thought that Moncrief would fall to me (he didn’t.) In hindsight, I should’ve just picked him.

D.) I usually have a hard time getting wings that I like in these things. Figured I’d reach on a couple to give myself some flexibility. I basically got 3/5 guys that I wanted at that point - Kobe, Carter, Worthy, Gervin and Moncrief.

E.) I got lucky. Honestly thought I could get Gervin and Moncrief (I’ve drafted both guys multiple times in the All Time draft.) If Worthy wouldn’t have fallen that far, my whole plan would’ve been screwed.

That quote I was talking VC

I didn't say it was a good pick but decent. He was pretty decent in his 3rd year including the playoffs.