What's new

2020 Vintage 80’s 90’s draft winner changes my picture.

@Wes Mantooth @Hornacekamania @Handlogten's Heros @White Chocolate @Ellis269 @Beer @Saint Cy of JFC

I just erased the draft from the op because I want the vote to be as anonymous as possible. I will assign each of you a number. That will be the name next to your team in the vote. Vote will start tomorrow. I need your team writeups.

The draft order will be put back in the OP AFTER THE VOTE IS OVER.
I like this idea.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m trying to improve this contest and improve the vote. The fact that all you could say is it’s stupid makes me think you have no other recourse but to be a contrarian. Why is it stupid? Don’t say it’s stupid unless your going to explain why.
Because it's being ridiculous. It's not as fun without our names on the team.

I’m trying to improve this contest and improve the vote. The fact that all you could say is it’s stupid makes me think you have no other recourse but to be a contrarian. Why is it stupid? Don’t say it’s stupid unless your going to explain why.

Cy is a legit handi so take his criticism for what its worth.

Here are round one matchups. I used a number randomizer to make the matchups.

Team 1 vs team 5

team 7 vs team 8

team 2 vs team 3

team 4 vs team 6

1 vs 5, and 7 vs 8 will start Sunday at 8 am MST.

2 vs 3 And 4 s 6 will start Tuesday at 8 am MST

voting period will be red days. Remember, round one voting will determine seeding and matchups for round two.

teams 1, 5, 7, 8, please have team writeups by Sunday 7am MST.

teams 2, 3, 4, 6 have your write ups in by Tuesday at 7 am MST.

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!!

Second round of the 2020 All 80’s 90’s jazzfanz Draft is set. second round matches will begin Monday morning. Have your writeups in to my pm by Sunday night.

Seeding determines the matchups. Seedings were determined by the number of votes.

Any ties in vote were determined by number of participant votes.

Here are the matchups and lineups...

Team 3. 11 votes. 4 participant votes
Team 6. 10 votes. 5 participant votes.
Team 1. 9 votes. 3 participant votes
Team 7. 9 votes. 2 participant votes

#1 seed. Team 3.
Vs.
#4 seed. Team 7

#2 seed. Team 6
Vs.
#3 seed. Team 1

Team 1.
PG: Allen Iverson // Mark Price
SG: Vince Carter // Kobe Bryant (6th)
SF: James Worthy // Marques Johnson
PF: Karl Malone // Bobby Jones
C: Shaquille O’Neale // Arvydas Sabonis

Team 3.
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar // Alonzo Mourning //Kevin McHale
PF: Alonzo Mourning // Kevin McHale // Chuck Person
SF: Clyde Drexler // Toni Kukoc // Chuck Person
SG: Mitch Richmond // Dale Ellis
PG: John Stockton // Rod Strickland

Team 6.
Tim Hardaway // Michael Cooper
Reggie Miller // Steve Smith
Grant Hill // Dan Majerle
Larry Johnson // Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Hakeem Olajuwon // Robert Parrish

Team 7.
Jason Kidd - Dennis Johnson
Michael Jordan - Bernard King
Paul Pierce - Peja Stojakovic
Shawn Kemp - Detlef Schrempf
Tim Duncan - Jack Sikma

@Jason please re-pin this thread so people that need to see my messages get them. Thanks for your help.

@Wes Mantooth @Saint Cy of JFC @Ellis269 @White Chocolate @Beer @Hornacekamania @Handlogten's Heros

the finals are here, and it’s an interesting one at that. It’s John vs. Karl. It’s my favorite player of all time, John Stockton Vs. my all time favorite none jazz player, and pound for pound the toughest small guards the game has ever seen. It’s Shaq vs Kareem, The #1 and #2scorers in NBA history. This is a clash for the ages!!

Quick question... when do you guys think I should start the championship round. If I start it today or tomorrow it will go into the weekend, we all know there is less traffic here on weekends or should I wait and start it Sunday night late? I want to make sure we do this right.

@Wes Mantooth @Saint Cy of JFC @Ellis269 @White Chocolate @Beer @Hornacekamania @Handlogten's Heros

the finals are here, and it’s an interesting one at that. It’s John vs. Karl. It’s my favorite player of all time, John Stockton Vs. my all time favorite none jazz player, and pound for pound the toughest small guards the game has ever seen. It’s Shaq vs Kareem, The #1 and #2scorers in NBA history. This is a clash for the ages!!

Quick question... when do you guys think I should start the championship round. If I start it today or tomorrow it will go into the weekend, we all know there is less traffic here on weekends or should I wait and start it Sunday night late? I want to make sure we do this right.
The championship round starts Sunday night late.

team’s 1 and 3, send me your lineup and team writeup.