What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

The fact that the Jazz are tight-lipped about trades and have a relationship with the Pacers through David Morway makes the Jazz a potential candidate to be the mystery team. I think it would take Bogdanovic to move up to #13 though, probably in a 3-team deal.

And hasn’t Tony been on Ford’s podcast several times recently? Hmm

The fact that the Jazz are tight-lipped about trades and have a relationship with the Pacers through David Morway makes the Jazz a potential candidate to be the mystery team. I think it would take Bogdanovic to move up to #13 though, probably in a 3-team deal.

Knicks potential Bogey destination and Thunder a potential Favors destination. SO we HAVE to be the 3rd team.

I'd easily buy some 2nd's to see if you can grab some of these fringe guys - everyone is a crapshoot after 20 or so anyway.
And you basically make money if you are a team over the tax and have no depth because of how uniquely cheap they are.

And hasn’t Tony been on Ford’s podcast several times recently? Hmm
It 100% makes sense if we are... Indiana gets Bogey... OKC gets salary dumped... some picks head our way and to Indiana... OKC moves up.

Who is this player? I think Grimes is likely to be there so I'm guessing its a guy that might be slipping a little. My wild guess is Springer. The more I hear the more I get confused on why he seems to be sliding a bit.

My guess would be Springer, though it's possible they really like McBride or Ayo. A long-shot would be Garuba if his buy-out situation delays him coming over, but I doubt it.

Knicks potential Bogey destination and Thunder a potential Favors destination. SO we HAVE to be the 3rd team.
Bogey could go either place really. Knicks make a ton of sense. If we aren't the mystery team then we ****ing should be.

Who is this player? I think Grimes is likely to be there so I'm guessing its a guy that might be slipping a little. My wild guess is Springer. The more I hear the more I get confused on why he seems to be sliding a bit.
I think this would be the best player in the range.

Some would say the top player.

Others might say the Primo one.

I’m still really into the Bogey to Indiana for #13 (especially if Wagner or Moody are on the board). I think it makes a lot of sense.

Put the Tony Jones, Chad Ford, David Thorpe rumblings together... something is gonna happen... maybe its even something exciting.

I’m gonna get all excited and then we’re gonna salary dump Favors and draft Ayayi and Garza lol
Bruh... thats the ceiling as far as I'm concerned... its gonna be Favs and 30 for #57 where we draft some international guy with "unreal" shooting mechanics... or a guy that never comes over.

My gut feeling is that we don't really have a guy high in the draft we have our eye on. I think we are so concerned about shedding money that if we get a high pick, we might just use it to shed more money.

Bojan gets us #13?
Awesome

Wait, #13 can get us off Favors?
Awesome, what you got? #19?
Awesome

I hated Ayayi at the 30... but in the second I think I'm cool. He's kinda weird... the high rebounding and mega efficiency kinda got me intrigued. He might be good at role player things and have similar numbers in the league.