What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

I like Jaylen and it could be an interesting pivot. But we have nothing to offer but a poo poo platter of players and all the draft capital we now have. Which I really hate to give up.

Conley, Bogey, Beasley, a couple firsts? Doubt it gets it done.

Kevin Durant AND Jaylen want out!? No wonder the market is frozen. This would crowd out all the nice landing spots. What does this do to the trade market for the Jazz? Who wants Bojan, when you can get Jaylen with a another pick or player?

I like Jaylen and it could be an interesting pivot. But we have nothing to offer but a poo poo platter of players and all the draft capital we now have. Which I really hate to give up.

Conley, Bogey, Beasley, a couple firsts? Doubt it gets it done.
Boston is incredibly win now. I would imagine that they would want KD for Brown. My hope would be that Brown doesn't want Brooklyn and we send our best offer to Brooklyn so we could get Brown.

I would trade everything we just got for Rudy for Jaylen Brown. Seems excessive, but we have no clue what the Minnesota picks could look like. Could be sugar or **** like my buddy says.

Donovan and Brown could succeed here for the next ten years for all we know.

This all could just be hot garbage too.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yea I don’t see the rumors anywhere else, fwiw.

I agree that if he really wanted out then Boston should be focused on making a package that deals Jaylen for KD.

I just want stuff to happen! This Durant ish holding everything up.

Yea I don’t see the rumors anywhere else, fwiw.

I agree that if he really wanted out then Boston should be focused on making a package that deals Jaylen for KD.

I just want stuff to happen! This Durant ish holding everything up.
If brown is available my guess is it would be in a KD deal. Boston should probably do that type of thing as windows are shorter than people think.

Do Smart and Tatum drive him crazy? Seems interesting. For sure.

Don and Jaylen are very close. If we were looking for a perfect combo for Donovan Mitchell, it's Jaylen Brown.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
He would help offset Mitchell's defensive issues. Brown is a good defender. I would hope some of that would rub off on Donovan, but I kind of doubt it. He had the best defender in the world on his team and his defense got worse every single year.

I also just don't see what we have that Boston would want, as they are obviously in the mode of making minor tweaks to get back to the finals and get over the hump. I can't see them wanting draft picks, unless they can flip them for a win-now player. Our stock of tradable players is really at 1 that would add any value for them, and that is Mitchell himself. Can't see this happening. Although I would love it if it could.

He would help offset Mitchell's defensive issues. Brown is a good defender. I would hope some of that would rub off on Donovan, but I kind of doubt it. He had the best defender in the world on his team and his defense got worse every single year.

I also just don't see what we have that Boston would want, as they are obviously in the mode of making minor tweaks to get back to the finals and get over the hump. I can't see them wanting draft picks, unless they can flip them for a win-now player. Our stock of tradable players is really at 1 that would add any value for them, and that is Mitchell himself. Can't see this happening. Although I would love it if it could.
I think Brown is very good… it might just be because I watched him commit a billion turnovers in the playoffs but I think he’s a smidge overrated. The Boston defense is a complete team effort… taking one piece of that likely doesn’t change things here.

We don’t have the pieces anyway. They won’t want picks… they just went to the finals. The will upgrade Brown or keep him. Maybe a mid season Beal deal.

He's not as good defensively as you think.

Literally better than anyone currently on our team.

Granted that is not a high bar.
His defensive ceiling is certainly higher, but day to day he wasn't a better defender than Royce. He was also on a completely stacked defensive squad where they could switch responsibilities so he wasnt always having to guard the best player.

Raise his offensive load while raising his defensive load? Not sure he can take that on and succeed like he thinks he can.

His defensive ceiling is certainly higher, but day to day he wasn't a better defender than Royce. He was also on a completely stacked defensive squad where they could switch responsibilities so he wasnt always having to guard the best player.

Raise his offensive load while raising his defensive load? Not sure he can take that on and succeed like he thinks he can.
Exactly my point. Royce isn't on the team anymore. As we currently stand, Brown would likely be our best defender. That is the sad state of affairs right now.

If brown is available my guess is it would be in a KD deal. Boston should probably do that type of thing as windows are shorter than people think.
I doubt Brown is available yet, but likely will be at some point. I just want to point out that in 2017, Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens already had Jaylen Brown, just drafted Jayson Tatum, tampered their asses off to get Hayward and were still rumored to be interested in Jimmy Butler and PG13 when they were wanting out of Chicago and Indiana - that’s exactly the type of scenario DA should be looking at replicating. It’s time to start chasing long, athletic wings.

Don’t trade those 2023 picks yet. If you want to add some pieces around Mitchell - fine, do that. See what you have in the young guys. Try to get value out of the veterans. Compile and consolidate assets. Look for the big deal to come along and hope you have the pieces to pull it off when it does.