What's new

2022 Jazzfanz All Time NBA Draft Competition TEAM O vs. TEAM I

Who would win a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Who would win a 7 game series? Convince the voters why you would win. You are allowed to change your vote

Team O
Dikembe Mutombo 90’s//Bob Lanier
Nikola Jokic -14//Jermaine O’Neal
Dominique Wilkins 80’s//Shawn Marion
Joe Johnson -01//Rick Barry
Magic Johnson - 79 // Derrick Rose

Vs.

Team I
Yao Ming - 02// laMarcus Aldridge
Tim Duncan - 97 // Chris Webber
Dr. J- 72//Danny Granger
Paul George- 10//Brandon Roy
Isiah Thomas 80’s Tony Parker

Evenly matched tbh.
I agree with this, which I believe gives team O the advantage mostly because of Magic, but also because of Jokic. Both of those guys are such anomalies at their positions in great ways such as rebounding and passing as well as scoring and just doing what it takes to win that I believe it puts team over the top.
Team O has six MVP seasons between Magic, Jokic and Rose, whereas team I had three between Duncan and Dr. J. Plus Dikembe is a four time DPOY during a very difficult time to play defense ie the 90’s.
Barry, Wilkins and Johnson are scoring machines who can match just about anyone in that regard. While Marion is a versatile and great help defender who complements Dikembe well.

Drafting Mutombo ahead of Mourning is a travesty and I guess that’s what will determine my vote.

I disagree that Mourning was “way better” than Dikembe, but looking at their stats they were fairly even across the board with Dikembe being a slightly better rebounder and Mourning being a much better scorer. Overall, Mourning is the better player and I should have drafted him instead, but to base your vote @NUMBERICA solely on where I drafted one player seems a little harsh. However, when I looked at win shares Dikembe had significantly more, though not as much per game, so he did contribute to winning. I know that’s a single stat and there’s more to the story, but it’s good information. For reference I used this site: https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm...ournal01&player_id1=mutomdi01&sum=0&request=1

With the passing and spacing that Magic creates as the PG on Team O and the offensive fire power around him team O wins this.