What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Wendell Moore has a 7' ws, as a player who is just under 6'6" in shoes. Again, I think he's a very Danny Ainge-type pick who can do a bit of everything.

E.J. Liddell measured out as a slightly longer version of Grant Williams -- 6'6" w/o shoes, 243 lbs, 6'11+ w.s. Could be another Danny Ainge-type.

Mark Williams measured absolutely massive, didn't seem near that long during the college season.
He’s a monster… but I do think something wonky happened here… his standing reach is two full inches longer than Rudy’s.

He plays big so it might be legit. I think someone he’s a steal outside the top 10.

Kind of shocked Seabron is only 6'5.75 in shoes with a 6'8.75 wingspan.

Thought he'd be closer to 6'7 in shoes with something closer to a 6'11 wingspan.

Had very good athletic numbers tho.

30'' no step vert, 38'' max vert. 3rd fastest sprint time.

Mark Williams measured absolutely massive, didn't seem near that long during the college season.
Some people play smaller than they are. Some play bigger.

It's gonna be real sad when we find out that the Jazz just gonna run it back and watch all these amazing prospects going to other teams.

Wendell Moore has a 7' ws, as a player who is just under 6'6" in shoes. Again, I think he's a very Danny Ainge-type pick who can do a bit of everything.

E.J. Liddell measured out as a slightly longer version of Grant Williams -- 6'6" w/o shoes, 243 lbs, 6'11+ w.s. Could be another Danny Ainge-type.

Moore showing off a 38.5" max vertical. Liddell impressive for his body type at 38". Both are likely to rise a bit before draft day, imo.

Shaedon Sharpe measured in just a bit smaller than expected at 6'4.25" w/o shoes and 6'5.5" in shoes, 198 lbs, and nearly a 7-ft wingspan.

If I were a GM, I'd actually feel safer about Ivey and Sharpe than the big guys, even though they have plenty of upside.

Last edited:
If the Jazz end up with Charlotte's picks at #13 and #15, they should probably use one of those picks on Ousmane Dieng, who looks like he can develop into a Swiss Army knife player in the mold of an Andrei Kirilenko. Cleveland drafts at #14 and is very unlikely to draft a big if they keep their pick. That would mean that Mark Williams is likely available at #15. Jaden Hardy would also be a good pick at #15, imo.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUotd_ABlgM&t=365s

Last edited:
OKC has to be ecstatic. Appears to be a two man race for #1 and ORL is sure to mess it up and leave the best prospect on the board.

If the Jazz end up with Charlotte's picks at #13 and #15, they should probably use one of those picks on Ousmane Dieng, who looks like he can develop into a Swiss Army knife player in the mold of an Andrei Kirilenko. Cleveland drafts at #14 and is very unlikely to draft a big if they keep their pick. That would mean that Mark Williams is likely available at #15. Jaden Hardy would also be a good pick at #15, imo.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUotd_ABlgM&t=365s

If he’s in the mold of AK47, I have a beach house to sell you in Idaho.

If he’s in the mold of AK47, I have a beach house to sell you in Idaho.

He's 18. Give him a minute to develop. He should be a switchy, disruptive defender, can play on the ball in pick-and-roll, can make reads, and should be able to space the floor. He won't lead the league in blocks per game and won't pass between his legs, but he should be a very versatile complementary player in the mold of an AK.

He's 18. Give him a minute to develop. He should be a switchy, disruptive defender, can play on the ball in pick-and-roll, can make reads, and should be able to space the floor. He won't lead the league in blocks per game and won't pass between his legs, but he should be a very versatile complementary player in the mold of an AK.

AK is one of the best defensive playmakers of all time. That’s what his mold is. It’s like saying a skinny 6’7 guy who can’t shoot is in the the mold of Reggie Miller lmao.

Yeah, I get it. I'm optimistic about his defense developing, but he won't have AK's steal or block %.
So he doesnt have any of the things that are the core identity of AK (creative passing/flashy, steals, blocks).

He's basically just a 6'9/6'10 guy who is long. THat's why you saying AK lmfao.

So he doesnt have any of the things that are the core identity of AK (creative passing/flashy, steals, blocks).

He's basically just a 6'9/6'10 guy who is long. THat's why you saying AK lmfao.
AK is one of the best defensive playmakers of all time. That’s what his mold is. It’s like saying a skinny 6’7 guy who can’t shoot is in the the mold of Reggie Miller lmao.

You guys are underplaying AK's offensive role and playmaking with the Jazz. He was the Jazz's primary on-ball creator in the years leading up to D.Will taking over. I do think Dieng will be a disruptive defender who guards all over the floor, but he won't be putting up 5x5s. It's more the role I'm referring to. Dieng has a chance to be a very unique player.

You guys are underplaying AK's offensive role and playmaking with the Jazz. He was the Jazz's primary on-ball creator in the years leading up to D.Will taking over. I do think Dieng will be a disruptive defender who guards all over the floor, but he won't be putting up 5x5s. It's more the role I'm referring to. Dieng has a chance to be a very unique player.

AK’s offensive role was also completely different. He was a slasher who got the line a ton. Dieng is being sold as a tall guy who might have some shot making ability of the dribble.

And we’re not underplaying AK47’s offense….it’s just that when someone is all time great at something, that’s what you tend to think of. It defines them as a player and for good reason. If you don’t think about AK47’s defensive playmaking you’re the one completely underselling something. There’s really no reason to think of an all time great skill as an afterthought.

let @Ferguson_Mellochill have his fun... the other day he comped Mark Williams to Dikembe as if that was a bad thing (I think) at the 13th pick. He has said Hardy is Bradley Beal and other such silliness. He is like the old nbadraft.net comps... everyone is Michael Jordan or Kevin Durant.

Saw a tweet that said dont be surprised if Jaylen Williams is a lottery pick.

I am concerned that a guy with his length was so bad at steals/blocks in a lesser conference.