What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Locked On did an interview with Jason Hart (GLeague Ignite coach). He compared Dyson Daniels to Thabo Sefolosha with some scoring/playmaking.

Jean Montero is a nice, young PG prospect that could be available towards the mid-2nd round. He's the same size as Raul Neto and has a nice well-rounded skillset that should enable him to be a stable, long-term backup with potential to play additional minutes. He was once projected as a solid 1st-rd prospect and has a bit more speed and upside compared to a guy like Nemhard, imo, even though he isn't as big. Doesn't turn 19 until the end of this month.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41cayWolXT4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V4lz2-s6nI

Meh....when something unlikely happens, like Herb Jones being a decent shooter, that doesn't make me believe the next case is more likely. You could use that logic to trick yourself into thinking every other terrible shooter can be a passable shooter in the league, but we know that's not the case. Same goes for any other skill. That's how you get into Fergo level comparisons....In hindsight, Herb Jones was under drafted because he had extremely good indicators of his hustle/defensive activity. That is a consistent predictor that has shown it's worth over time. I could always be wrong, but I don't see many strong indicators for Seaborn. His rebounding is good, but the rest of his offensive game is a major red flag and I'd be shocked if he can stay on an NBA floor. He looks like the guy who makes it impossible to watch college basketball because he doesn't have offensive skill.
The sad part is Tony Jones repeatedly said that Herb was someone we were interested in but we moved #30 so we missed the chance to draft him.

Would have been nice if we drafted Desmond Bane or Jaden McDaniels who both went right after we took Udoka…

Not sure if he’s been mentioned yet…but how about Kris Murray out of Iowa? Ranked 93 on DX but has impressive numbers. 6’8 forward with high 3 point rate, high rebounding, and high stocks. Should definitely be drafted.

Not sure if he’s been mentioned yet…but how about Kris Murray out of Iowa? Ranked 93 on DX but has impressive numbers. 6’8 forward with high 3 point rate, high rebounding, and high stocks. Should definitely be drafted.

I think he’s returning to Iowa

Going back to school probably hoping he can put up his brothers stats from this past year

Trevor Keels from Duke has a nice combination of size, toughness and headiness that could make him a solid player off the bench. He's projecting in the 2nd round right now and would be a good value.

I think he might have the potential to play a Derrick White-type role eventually. Shooting is a question mark.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAs_9rWnf3s

Last edited:
A backcourt with Dyson Daniels and Dalen Terry together would be pretty cool. Both are 6'7" / 200-lbs with long wingspans, solid-to-plus athleticism and good defensive instincts. Both average 5+ assists per 36 mins. and can play on and off the ball. Both are effective as drivers. If you're a believer in the 'positionless' model with multiple ball handlers, those two could be an impactful tandem on the perimeter.

Also, don't be surprised if Terry gets picked just outside the lottery.

Last edited:
Trevor Keels from Duke has a nice combination of size, toughness and headiness that could make him a solid player off the bench. He's projecting in the 2nd round right now and would be a good value.

I think he might have the potential to play a Derrick White-type role eventually. Shooting is a question mark.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAs_9rWnf3s

Keels reminds me of GTJ coming out of Duke but GTJ was a better shooter, Keels a better playmaker. I personally like Wendell Moore a lot more

Last edited:
Surprised so many people like Mark Williams over Duren.
I think Duren's ceiling is Bam and a realistic outcome is Time Lord.

Surprised so many people like Mark Williams over Duren.
I think Duren's ceiling is Bam and a realistic outcome is Time Lord.
It’s close but I just think Williams is under-rated. Plays so hard… so big… moves well and has soft/great hands. Two things I like… first I think he can play 20 minutes a night on playoff team in year 1… second there is a slight chance he can shoot it. We don’t know but I there are some hints of it. That’s the icing on the cake.

It’s close but I just think Williams is under-rated. Plays so hard… so big… moves well and has soft/great hands. Two things I like… first I think he can play 20 minutes a night on playoff team in year 1… second there is a slight chance he can shoot it. We don’t know but I there are some hints of it. That’s the icing on the cake.
He just gets cooked in space on defense.

Something to keep in mind as we approach the draft without a clear generational talent. Al Horford is better than the median #1 pick. If there's not clear generational talent, Al Horford would be a very good outcome. I think Chet is the best player in this years draft, and an Al Horford type career (5x all star 1 all NBA) is how I think his career likely ends up in a good outcome for Chet.

View: https://twitter.com/AndyGlockner/status/1536367204714680321