What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
If I were the Jazz and I was planning to keep Gobert and Mitchell together for another season or two, I would try to get a pick in the 17-20 range, draft Nikola Jovic and hope he's the next Gallinari.

Ferguson_Mellochill

And he helps solve the defense how?

He doesn't really, other than being big and long and likely grabbing his share of rebounds. However, if the Jazz can replace Conley and Royce with better defenders, they can still upgrade their defense.

Jalen Williams might work too in that general range.

Last edited:

NUMBERICA

He doesn't really, other than being big and long and likely grabbing his share of rebounds. However, if the Jazz can replace Conley and Royce with better defenders, they can still upgrade their defense.
I mean this is all an exercise in futility. But the draft is how teams find good two-way players, at least that would be the case with the Jazz if they had any ****ing picks. So this is all an exercise in futility.

That being said, the only way I'm not drafting a prospect with real two-way promise is if they have substantial odds of becoming an all-star. The main issue with this team besides being ****ed in the head is that they don't defend.

Ferguson_Mellochill

I mean this is all an exercise in futility. But the draft is how teams find good two-way players, at least that would be the case with the Jazz if they had any ****ing picks. So this is all an exercise in futility.

That being said, the only way I'm not drafting a prospect with real two-way promise is if they have substantial odds of becoming an all-star. The main issue with this team besides being ****ed in the head is that they don't defend.

Jazz need a big wing who creates. They'll need another legit ball handler when they move Conley to the bench or trade him, especially one who can set up Gobert. Jovic has some fringe All Star potential, but you would think of him more like Gallinari-type or maybe Franz Wagner on offense. Yes, defense could be a problem.

Jalen Williams is a two-way player who might have enough on-ball creation and would be great for the Jazz.

Wendell Moore can take possessions on the ball, but I'm not sure he's got that alpha, lead-playmaker mentality the Jazz need.

Getting a pick outside the first 15 picks might be doable. Jazz will look to trade Bogey, Royce and Mike. It sounds like they may be willing to put Butler in a package as well.

Ferguson_Mellochill

Knicks are probably willing to trade Cam Reddish, since Tom Thibodeau seems to hate him for some reason. Not sure how much we could count on him, but he's got two-way potential.

Last edited:

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

I think that is the priority… they may not be amazing on one end but they need to project to hold up. I just think you have to focus on wings for the most part. If a guy has a very clear flaw that will prevent him from being a starter in a good team I think you have to consider waiting until the second round. Like Sengun in Houston is cute but the defense is always going to be a substantial problem if he’s playing more than 20 minutes on a good team. He’s super talented but there are a ton of fit issues.

It’s just crazy town that we drafted Tony Bradley when Hart and White were available and Udoka when Bane and McDaniels were staring us in the face. I also really wish we’d taken a chance in a guy like Caruso when he signed for like the BAE in LA. We had to take some swings on guys but we just played it too safe… trying to draft backup centers and slightly overpaying for small pgs when your other guard is not the ideal size.

Ferguson_Mellochill

I think that is the priority… they may not be amazing on one end but they need to project to hold up. I just think you have to focus on wings for the most part. If a guy has a very clear flaw that will prevent him from being a starter in a good team I think you have to consider waiting until the second round. Like Sengun in Houston is cute but the defense is always going to be a substantial problem if he’s playing more than 20 minutes on a good team. He’s super talented but there are a ton of fit issues.

It’s just crazy town that we drafted Tony Bradley when Hart and White were available and Udoka when Bane and McDaniels were staring us in the face. I also really wish we’d taken a chance in a guy like Caruso when he signed for like the BAE in LA. We had to take some swings on guys but we just played it too safe… trying to draft backup centers and slightly overpaying for small pgs when your other guard is not the ideal size.

Remember DL brought in Shaq Harrison.....or, at least I think he was on the team for a few weeks some time ago. Then we were developing Miye Oni to be our big-league defensive stopper. Jarrell Brantley was going to be our bad-*** PJ Tucker dude. Juwan Morgan was pretty tough too. And Rayjon Tucker was going to be our version of Lu Dort.

So that's 5 swings and 5 misses. Can't wait to see who else we place a bet on...

Saint Cy of JFC

Remember DL brought in Shaq Harrison.....or, at least I think he was on the team for a few weeks some time ago. Then we were developing Miye Oni to be our big-league defensive stopper. Jarrell Brantley was going to be our bad-*** PJ Tucker dude. Juwan Morgan was pretty tough too. And Rayjon Tucker was going to be our version of Lu Dort.

So that's 5 swings and 5 misses. Can't wait to see who else we place a bet on...
Still sad Oni didn't work out. So many tools and talents, but just lacked the ability to do anything at NBA speed despite being an elite athlete.

Like if you went to an empty gym with Oni on one side and Royce on the other and had them run through drills, Oni would undoubtedly look 100x better.

Royce needs to run seminars for fringe NBA prospects to teach them how to play in the NBA. Man could make millions.