What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick!

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
I wonder if we can get the Kings to reach on Gobert. They're dying to make the postseason. I might take Barnes, Holmes and their lottery pick.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I wonder if we can get the Kings to reach on Gobert. They're dying to make the postseason. I might take Barnes, Holmes and their lottery pick.
I think they view Sabonis as a center (which he is) so that would likely not happen.

If we do move Rudy and don't take a center back I would consider going for Holmes though. Or say we did the Hornets deal and got 13/15... would they go for JC and 15 or 13 for 7?

Ferguson_Mellochill

I think they view Sabonis as a center (which he is) so that would likely not happen.

If we do move Rudy and don't take a center back I would consider going for Holmes though. Or say we did the Hornets deal and got 13/15... would they go for JC and 15 or 13 for 7?

If I'm the Jazz, I insist on a top-8 lottery pick to move Gobert. The Warriors, Hawks, Raptors and Hornets don't have it, but they could work as a third team that compensates Sacramento and takes Gobert.

Last edited:

Keefe

Whatever happened to that Draymond clone the Rox drafted around 25 last year? Guroba or something…

Keefe

Also, if we’re moving on from Quin, I obviously want the best coach possible…but I think it’s really really imperative that we try to hire a minority candidate.

Ferguson_Mellochill

Jazz / Kings / Hawks

Jazz trade: Gobert
Jazz receive: Barnes, Holmes, top-8 pick

Kings trade: Barnes, Holmes, top-8 pick
Kings receive: Collins, Hunter, #16

Hawks trade: Collins, Hunter, #16
Hawks receive: Gobert

Keefe

Jazz / Kings / Hawks

Jazz trade: Gobert
Jazz receive: Barnes, Holmes, top-8 pick

Kings trade: Barnes, Holmes, top-8 pick
Kings receive: Collins, Hunter, #16

Hawks trade: Collins, Hunter, #16
Hawks receive: Gobert

The Hawks would then have about 60 million dedicated to the Center position.

Ferguson_Mellochill

I’d much rather have Hunter, Collins and 16.

It depends how much you like Hunter and Collins, but yeah, that makes sense. Collins is also signed long-term, and Hunter would be restricted in free agency.

I'm fixated on a top-8 pick, I guess. Good prospects will be there at #16 though.