What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

I think Sacramento uses 4 to trade back with Indiana or Detroit. I think Ivey is a great fit with both of those teams and a totally ****** fit with Sacramento. Since Sharpe is a mystery I think Ivey has to be #4. Would Detroit do Grant and 5 for Barnes and 4? Maybe they move Barnes for other stuff in a separate deal... or Grant and 5 for Holmes, #4, and filler. Fox, Grant, Barnes, Sabonis is a solid start to a potential play in team.

Indiana would be mostly draft capital.

I could see Sacramento just taking Murray or Ivey (and using him incorrectly)

The rumor is that the Kings' owner Ranadive gave the front office a mandate to make the playoffs. This is why they appear to be open to moving the pick. They should probably just keep the pick and take Sharpe or Murray, but if a homerun trade (like Donovan) showed up, I think they'd take it.

If Danny Ainge wants to run the draft, he could trade Gobert right at the beginning, get picks and offer picks and players to move around. For example, Jazz can get pick #13 or #16 and offer it with a player to move to #7. Jazz could offer #7 and a player to move up to #4. Etc. Jazz gain more flexibility if they trade Gobert for a package of players that other teams would take in subsequent trades.

The pivot points in the draft are the Kings at #4 and Blazers at #7 because they could be convinced to move their picks or trade back to get a win-now player.

Last edited:
If they want the next Mutombo. I get it, he's going to be good. He does look like Mutombo at Georgetown, and probably a bit more fluid.
More fluid mutombo with good hands and free throw shooting? Yeah I’ll take that.

I don’t think that is the comp… but I see him as more complete than Duren and worst case will be excellent in a narrow but important role. If he steps out and shoots the three or a consistent 15-18 footer he could be an all star.

Just perusing through the draft express twitter feed, this seems like a pretty long draft class.
There could be a few diamonds out there. Most guys have good size for the position... which is one of the main things I like to see. Minnot and Liddell were pretty good too.

Normally there is a surprise guy that is like 2 inches shorter than his projection or that has trex arms. Didn't see one that stood out.

The one guy in this draft I can't quite figure out is Johnny Davis. Could tell me he is a bust or top 5 guy in the draft and I might believe either. You can explain his shooting and inefficiencies with the injury he had mid year and his team sucking... or he could just be a ****** shooter.

There could be a few diamonds out there. Most guys have good size for the position... which is one of the main things I like to see. Minnot and Liddell were pretty good too.

Normally there is a surprise guy that is like 2 inches shorter than his projection or that has trex arms. Didn't see one that stood out.

The one guy in this draft I can't quite figure out is Johnny Davis. Could tell me he is a bust or top 5 guy in the draft and I might believe either. You can explain his shooting and inefficiencies with the injury he had mid year and his team sucking... or he could just be a ****** shooter.
I like Johnny Davis. I wouldn't necessarily trade up for him but I would feel comfortable picking him in his projected range.

That one guy for me is Jalen Williams. Seems like a super fit next to anyone but who knows.

I keep looking at Jaden Hardy and I keep seeing a Bradley Beal-level scoring guard. Just needs more discipline and needs to play with more structure. G-league is messy.

I like Johnny Davis. I wouldn't necessarily trade up for him but I would feel comfortable picking him in his projected range.

That one guy for me is Jalen Williams. Seems like a super fit next to anyone but who knows.

Johnny Davis has some toughness and competitiveness, which bodes well for him working hard and improving. However, he's not really great as a 1, and he hasn't shown enough shooting to believe in him as a 2 just yet. There's some risk with him. His floor might be a Deanthony Melton type off the bench if he'll knock down shots.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1526952055780388865

This is another one I thought was notable. He's grown... as a point guard type wing this is bonkers. If the jumper comes around Dyson will be so so valuable.

Wingspan is a pleasant surprise. Otherwise, these are Gordon Hayward measurements at the same age. Give him a year, and he'll be around 205+ lbs.

Defensively, he can be like Lonzo Ball. Offensively, he can be a mix of Hayward and Dragic. I really like his skillset and ability to potentially play three positions. He really thinks the game and makes good reads. Plus he grew up in the middle of nowhere, Australia, so he'll fit right in here.

He needs the jump shot, but he has good enough touch on his floaters to suggest he'll get there.

Last edited:
I like the Spurs' picks at #9, #20 and #25 in this draft. That could be Dyson/Eason at #9, Hardy/Jovic at #20 and a big wing or Liddell at #25.
Nah. We'd surprise everyone and draft an undersized unathletic PG at 9 (who most had going in the late 20's to early 2nd round), a Doke clone at 20 and a draft and stash euro big at 25... But those hand pads!