What's new

2023 annual Jazzfanz all time NBA draft

He blocked two shots a game for years. More importantly, why did the Sonic’s defense absolutely fall apart when they traded him? That was a team that still had Payton.

Malone had his number, for sure. It is absolutely not the whole story. He usually goes in like, the 80’s in this contest.
Like I said he has defensive chops he’s athletic and that helped. But he couldn’t guard elite post players. So yes when he was gone the defense suffered. Problem is he’s exclusively going up against the Malone’s of the world with no where to hide his defense against the studs. He fouled a lot too.

Actually he’s over respected in this. He has defensive chops but he’s soft. Sonics often hid his defense putting him on stiff none offensive centers or pf’s. And low IQ. He’s one of the guys I leave off my board.
I strongly disagree. I thought he was very good defensively overall and I loved his toughness in his prime. Unfortunately for him he didn't get high usage because Seattle always spread the offense around. I think he was more than capable of being a mid 20's scorer in a system like Sloan ran.

I strongly disagree. I thought he was very good defensively overall and I loved his toughness in his prime. Unfortunately for him he didn't get high usage because Seattle always spread the offense around. I think he was more than capable of being a mid 20's scorer in a system like Sloan ran.
That’s my whole point. He’s great against ordinary players, but if the player had any offensive ability he struggled. People here are blinded by his popularity and passing of time because you won’t find a big memories athletic than him and the fact he played on a stacked team org other good defenders that aged around the time he left. The team didn’t fall apart because he left it simply got older and the team broke up. He just wasn’t as good as people think he was.

This is officially the latest he’s ever been drafted by 25+ picks or so. I checked multiple times to make sure he wasn’t taken. The biggest steal of the draft:

Dennis Rodman

- 5x NBA champion (1989, 1990, 1996–1998)
- 2× NBA All-Star (1990, 1992)
- 2× All-NBA Third Team (1992, 1995)
- 2× NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1990, 1991)
- 7× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1989–1993, 1995, 1996)
- NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1994)
- 7× NBA rebounding champion (1992–1998)