What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

As an aside, if CHA takes Scoot Henderson, they might be willing to trade Terry Rozier. He might not be a bad pickup for the Jazz.

IF we pick Dick we should bring back the Dick whisperer Ingles to mentor him. I wouldnt mind Dick but I would be much happier if we took him with the Minny pick. I am hoping someone unexpected falls to us at 9 or we trade up.

I'm laying out a mock in my signature. I think Detroit would take Whitmore. I think Orlando would take Hendricks. Indiana is then choosing between Ausar and Dick. They might take Dick simply because he's a much better shooter and they have Halliburton with the ball in his hands. That moves Ausar to Washington. Jarace Walker would fall to the the Jazz at 9. Dallas will move their pick in an attempt to make Luka happy, though I suppose they could keep it and draft Lively.
Why wouldn’t IND consider Walker though? He’s clearly the BPA at that pick.

IF we pick Dick we should bring back the Dick whisperer Ingles to mentor him. I wouldnt mind Dick but I would be much happier if we took him with the Minny pick. I am hoping someone unexpected falls to us at 9 or we trade up.
He will be mentored by Rudy and Collin so this trio will be Gay Dick Sex….

3 Team trade with POR, MIN, and UT

POR gets KAT
MIN gets Grant (sign and Trade) + some of their picks back
UT gets Scoot

(Fillers and sweeteners to make it work)
That would suck for portland. Lose grant and gain a worse player while also losing scoot. Grant is better than KAT. Grant and scoot way better than KAT.

That would suck for portland. Lose grant and gain a worse player while also losing scoot. Grant is better than KAT. Grant and scoot way better than KAT.
I wouldn't do it if I were Portland. I would try and trade Dame and start over with Scoot.

It feels like Portland is still trying to figure out a way to upgrade their roster. I don't love KAT, but maybe they do?

I'm laying out a mock in my signature. I think Detroit would take Whitmore. I think Orlando would take Hendricks. Indiana is then choosing between Ausar and Dick. They might take Dick simply because he's a much better shooter and they have Halliburton with the ball in his hands. That moves Ausar to Washington. Jarace Walker would fall to the the Jazz at 9. Dallas will move their pick in an attempt to make Luka happy, though I suppose they could keep it and draft Lively.
No way Indiana takes Dick over Ausar imo. They’d also take Walker over Dick. We getting Grady.
Grant is not better than KAT lmfao.
Individually know, but is Grant a better team player?

No way Indiana takes Dick over Ausar imo. They’d also take Walker over Dick. We getting Grady.

Individually know, but is Grant a better team player?
I think Grant is better as the 3rd/4th best player than KAT is as the 1st/2nd best player, but if I'm creating a team, I would take KAT and hope I figure it out with him rather than take Grant.

This is the only trade up scenario I see happening tbh. Especially if our FO see's him as a pg
Question is who is willing to trade.

Orlando doesnt really make sense to me as they are probably looking to consolidate assets more than they are looking to trade down and get more assets.

Maybe you can leapfrog the Wizards and trade with Indy if Indy is targeting a certain prospect they know Washington wouldn't take.