What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Why would he risk his reputation for that lol. It’s on ESPN’s paid subscription and a pretty niche topic. His Intel has been solid especially as the draft gets closer. I remember he had Bagley to the Kings over Doncic for weeks and no one believes him.
Is it paid? How come I’m able to access it without a subscription?

New DX Mock you are gonna LOVE this:

8. Anthony Black
9. JHS
10. Hendricks
16. Bufkin
17. Wallace
21. Bilal
22. Miller
25. Brice
28. OMP
33. GG

Great to hear Black has been knocking them down.

If Black could knock down catch and shoot 3s consistently, I think that’s all it would take for the Wizard to grab him.

The mixture of upside and fit is just too good to deny.

I wouldn't mind it if it's JHS at 16, but definitely not at 9. It's way too early if you ask me. Wallace at 16 would totally be a big win. I mean, it could happen if other prospects continue to climb up the ranks. I wouldn't be shocked if Lively went at 10 and GG at 12.

Last edited:
We actually are in a better spot than many think at 9.

I think Orlando and OKC would trade up to 9 if they could. Players in the 9 - 16 range are pretty even, but at 9 you get your pick of the litter. No one is going to criticize you if you take Dick, Wallace, Black, Hendricks, George or Bufkin.

It sounds like some teams may be spooked by the back injury… MP Jr fell like 7-9 spots… I could see that happening here.
He also noticeably limped into the draft. His back was ****ed which is why he basically didn’t play in college.

I’m praying that the Jazz can nab him with the 2nd pick. I assume it would require trading up, but holy **** if he just slides that much.

Last edited:
About Black's shot going in in workouts... I've seen some of that footage... I'm a bit queasy about his shot. To me it looks very robotic and deliberate in those workouts. I'm not sure it will translate in-game. Good to see he's worked on it, but I'm still not a believer in it. It doesn't look natural to me, even when he hits it in those workouts.

I think better defender is debatable and Black is definitely the superior passer.

I'm not sure how you are getting that based on their college tape. They were both pretty basic at passing with a few great passes mixed in there. Cason averaged more assists on less turnovers while having the ball in his hands less of the time.

FWIW, I do see how you would project Black to be the better passer in the NBA. This is the main reason I think he has slightly more upside and specifically where I think head height has it's main advantage, by being able to see more of the floor. I think Black is super smart and will figure things out and if his shooting can get to be respectable, he's going to be great in the NBA.

I just don't understand why people can use their imagination with other prospects, but think that Cason, who was basically good at everything, is a finished product and won't also improve in the areas he needs to in order to be great.