What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

With them matching up, it's kind of interesting to think about what separates Emoji Bates and GG Jackson.

Emoji was also a hyper young freshman last year, even younger than GG.

With them matching up, it's kind of interesting to think about what separates Emoji Bates and GG Jackson.

Emoji was also a hyper young freshman last year, even younger than GG.

Measurables, athleticism, ability to get downhill and get on top of the rim. Then there's the attitude and off-court stuff.

As of this posting I think GG is so overhyped.

He’d be in the 20’s for me as of right now.

As of this posting I think GG is so overhyped.

He’d be in the 20’s for me as of right now.
I'm kind of coming around to that. For now he is still a 10-14 type guy on my big board.

It's definitely hard because he is very young and he has a great NBA body frame wise. Him playing against Emoni was just interesting to me because they a lot of similarities.

Emoni went to a team with a lot of expectations as a very young freshman (just like GG) and struggled. Then he transferred to a team where he can basically do whatever he wants and looks good playing against inferior comp (which is basically what GG is doing now), at least until he starts playing SEC opponents.

Outside of their physical frames and 11 months age difference I'm not sure GG is really a better prospect than Emoni. Emoni's scoring game probably translates better to the NBA than GG's does.

so many overrated prospects in this draft as expected. But at least there are so far,if the stocks stay lower, quite a few options for current holes in our system, that should be there for us

I'm kind of coming around to that. For now he is still a 10-14 type guy on my big board.

It's definitely hard because he is very young and he has a great NBA body frame wise. Him playing against Emoni was just interesting to me because they a lot of similarities.

Emoni went to a team with a lot of expectations as a very young freshman (just like GG) and struggled. Then he transferred to a team where he can basically do whatever he wants and looks good playing against inferior comp (which is basically what GG is doing now), at least until he starts playing SEC opponents.
Emoni has played most of his best games elite the better competition they have played this year. Also I don't know why you expect GG to really struggle against the SEC. He is showing potential in almost every aspect of the game and there is no reason expect that to change once that schedule starts. They probably won't win many games but I expect his current level of play to continue.

So much basketball to be played before any real firm conclusions can be drawn.

Brandon Miller already went from huge disappointment here to shooting up amateur draft boards in the span of like 3 games.

This is going to be a 6000 page thread come June.