What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Saint Cy of JFC

Didn't take long for me to be reminded of how disgustingly awful NCAA basketball is. I don't understand why NCAA basketball has such terrible quality of play. In football, the coaching and tactics are often ahead of the pros. In college the style of play is archaic and just stinks.

I think the three point line being shorter and letting them use a zone really mucks everything up. Officials are also often trash… only allowing 5 fouls puts key guys in foul trouble so one bad call gets exaggerated a bit.

During the tournament I swear they play 90 seconds then go to tv timeout… it’s so flipping choppy.
Basketball is more a skilled based game so it's going to be uglier with younger, less skilled players.

Plus you are probably watching these early season tournament games. They are playing multiple days in a row, 3 games in 4 days, etc.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Basketball is more a skilled based game so it's going to be uglier with younger, less skilled players.

Plus you are probably watching these early season tournament games. They are playing multiple days in a row, 3 games in 4 days, etc.
It’s fairly ugly all season.. lesser skilled players is certainly a big part of it… I just think there are some rule changes they could make to help the aesthetics. The paint is so cramped that it turns into a lot of ball movement that doesn’t go anywhere up top… or they try and pound it to the post.

I also hate that they pack a ****ing football stadium put up a raised stage for the final four… then wonder why teams can’t shoot straight. Maybe cater to the millions that watch on tv instead of selling thousands of extra tickets.

Saint Cy of JFC

It’s fairly ugly all season.. lesser skilled players is certainly a big part of it… I just think there are some rule changes they could make to help the aesthetics. The paint is so cramped that it turns into a lot of ball movement that doesn’t go anywhere up top… or they try and pound it to the post.

I also hate that they pack a ****ing football stadium put up a raised stage for the final four… then wonder why teams can’t shoot straight. Maybe cater to the millions that watch on tv instead of selling thousands of extra tickets.
It's a lot of the skill thing. If they best players from college football left after their freshman year, the game would be much worse. But yeah, the rules also affect things.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Draft sites seem to be coming to a consensus that Wemby, Scoot and Amen are the top 3 prospects. From there, the next 8 or so guys appear to be Nick Smith, Anthony Black, Cam Whitmore, Keyonte George, Brandon Miller, Ausar Thompson, Jarace Walker and GG Jackson, but the order is all over the map.

Eddie Zero

We need to lock ourselves into that top 8. Then we have the draft capital to move up even higher if we fall in love with a player.
What are the odds of that though? I don't see it at all. Unless they just sell everyone at the deadline which doesn't seem possible at this point, I don't think the Jazz are even in the lottery unless they tank the play in game(s) they maybe end up in as a 7-10 seed this season in the playoff race meaning pick is 11-18 probably

Eddie Zero

Didn't take long for me to be reminded of how disgustingly awful NCAA basketball is. I don't understand why NCAA basketball has such terrible quality of play. In football, the coaching and tactics are often ahead of the pros. In college the style of play is archaic and just stinks.
spacing