What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

His tape makes me crazy. I wanna trust the pros that peg him as a late-1st/2nd guy cuz of defense/athleticism or something but I just see a stone-cold baller.
he is ,but kind of playgroundish not nba level -ish I think he has a decent career as a bench guy. Wouldn't mind it if we took him at 27 either, but not at 25 or 26 there I would rather take the last of the international stash pogo projects that come over in 3 years right when we are hitting our stride and need depth behind Kessler
I bet we draft exactly none of the prospects over 21 in this draft unless we trade back to the 2nd.

Whitehead had a rough season from an injury standpoint and never got going but I think he has become underrated. He can really shoot the ball from the outside and was known as having a great off the dribble game in highschool. The leg injuries clearly impacted that aspect of his game this year and he never really got into a good rhythm after missing the preseason and then injuring his ankle midway through the season. As long as that leg checks out physically then I still think he is a steal in 20's where he is being projected in most mocks that I have seen.

If he can get back to the burst that he shows in these highlights with his shooting ability then you have one hell of a player.

I just see JJ as a versatile forward. He can run pnr or be the screener. He's tough and can rebound. He's going to play great team defense and his man defense should be good on wings. The shot is a question mark, but it looks good to me. I expect him to be a good corner shooter. I think he might be gone by 27, but idk.

His tape makes me crazy. I wanna trust the pros that peg him as a late-1st/2nd guy cuz of defense/athleticism or something but I just see a stone-cold baller.

He is my pick as the high potential guy who isn't normally seen as a high potential guy....kinda like Desmond Bane. I think he will fall into a role easily, but if a couple things go right with him he can really pop. He's a baller and I think if the shooting works out he will be a really versatile two way wing.

If Sensabaugh played for Kansas and Gradey Dick played for Ohio State, I wonder if their draft projections would be reversed. Sensabaugh has the same shooting splits and has better physical presence to be a positional defender. Sensabaugh also has more creation off the bounce. He gives up an inch or two to Gradey, but he's probably going to be measure out a bit longer.

If Sensabaugh played for Kansas and Gradey Dick played for Ohio State, I wonder if their draft projections would be reversed. Sensabaugh has the same shooting splits and has better physical presence to be a positional defender. Sensabaugh also has more creation off the bounce. He gives up an inch or two to Gradey, but he's probably going to be measure out a bit longer.
I went to counter this, but Ill just say I disagree with everything youve said here.

I am irrational on Sensabraugh but I think he is a gem and Ferg's speculation is correct and would be a reliable scorer. If the pick is not top 8, I would trade down to get Brice and also bargain hunt for two more players such as Sidy and Bilal.

I am irrational on Sensabraugh but I think he is a gem and Ferg's speculation is correct and would be a reliable scorer. If the pick is not top 8, I would trade down to get Brice and also bargain hunt for two more players such as Sidy and Bilal.
There is a strong chance we don't get Sidy without taking him in the late lottery. Unless the Wolves give us a pick better than late teens I think he is already taken.
A lot of upside on that one, and one of my favs for a surprise pick for us if we are picking anywhere between 10-16 instead of shooting up to top 4 or being in that 8-9 spot

There is a strong chance we don't get Sidy without taking him in the late lottery. Unless the Wolves give us a pick better than late teens I think he is already taken.
A lot of upside on that one, and one of my favs for a surprise pick for us if we are picking anywhere between 10-16 instead of shooting up to top 4 or being in that 8-9 spot
So maybe Sidy first, Brice second and Bilal third in my fantasy draft, lol.

At the end of the day, the NBA is about getting buckets. The top teams have firepower across their lineup. Sensabaugh has an argument for being both the best and most versatile shooter in the draft. (It's him or Gradey.) How much value he adds outside of that is a question. But he's 6'6"-ish, 230 lbs and has the tools to defend and move the ball if he's properly motivated. I think he should be in the discussion for the Twolves pick along with Sidy Cissoko.

Last edited:
Whitehead had a rough season from an injury standpoint and never got going but I think he has become underrated. He can really shoot the ball from the outside and was known as having a great off the dribble game in highschool. The leg injuries clearly impacted that aspect of his game this year and he never really got into a good rhythm after missing the preseason and then injuring his ankle midway through the season. As long as that leg checks out physically then I still think he is a steal in 20's where he is being projected in most mocks that I have seen.

If he can get back to the burst that he shows in these highlights with his shooting ability then you have one hell of a player.

no question he's a sleeper prospect and could be excellent value and a solid risk/reward pick late first, early second.