What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

It’s been a minute since I checked in here. Just checking to see if there was a consensus on which prospect this year has the best balance.

I really don't think the Jazz are trading up. I think Ainge wants to hold onto his firepower for now

That's not the way I view Ainge, but it's not like I really know. I picture him targeting a prospect and having the Intel to know where he's going to get drafted, then trading up or down based on the Intel (unless it says to stay where we're at).

I personally like lots of guys in our range and would be happy with all of them. I just picture Ainge having a clear preference.

I love Cason and think he will be good. That said... if Ausar (I actually think he's the guy that falls), Hendricks, or Walker fall... draft teh effs out of them then hopefully Bufkin is available at 16 or we can move up to grab Black or Bufkin.

I don't feel the same way, but this is a completely reasonable thought, and I would be cool if that's how things fell.

I love Cason and think he will be good. That said... if Ausar (I actually think he's the guy that falls), Hendricks, or Walker fall... draft teh effs out of them then hopefully Bufkin is available at 16 or we can move up to grab Black or Bufkin.

If we mash up some of these rumors, then the draft would go like this:

1 SAS - Wemby
2 CHA - Scoot/Miller
3 POR - Miller/Scoot
4 HOU - Amen
5 DET - Cam
6 ORL - Hendricks
7 IND - Walker
8 WAS - Wallace
Then yeah, the Jazz could draft Ausar at #9. But let's play along with the gossip and say the Jazz take Bilal instead...

9 UTA - Coulibaly
10 DAL - Ausar
11 ORL - Dick
12 OKC - George (btw, I think this is who they're targeting. They want shooting and shot creation. Hawkins is another possibility.)
13 TOR - Black
14 NOL - Lively (They don't have a big who can guard on the perimeter, and they need to contend with Wembanyama.)
15 ATL - Bufkin/JHS/NSJ/Miller 2
16 UTA - One of JHS, Bufkin or George should still be available. Nick Smith Jr. too.

Jazz could probably package 16 + 28 to leapfrog ATL if they need to. So the logic of drafting a wing at 9 and a guard at 16 does make some sense.

1 SAS - Wemby
2 CHA - Scoot/Miller
3 POR - Miller/Scoot
4 HOU - Amen
5 DET - Cam
6 ORL - Hendricks
7 IND - Walker
8 WAS - Wallace
Then yeah, the Jazz could draft Ausar at #9. But let's play along with the gossip and say the Jazz take Bilal instead...

9 UTA - Coulibaly
10 DAL - Ausar
11 ORL - Dick
12 OKC - George (btw, I think this is who they're targeting. They want shooting and shot creation. Hawkins is another possibility.)
13 TOR - Black
14 NOL - Lively (They don't have a big who can guard on the perimeter, and they need to contend with Wembanyama.)
16 UTA - One of JHS, Bufkin or George should still be available. Nick Smith Jr. too.

Jazz could probably package 16 + 28 to leapfrog ATL if they need to.

Black at 13 is hilarious.

1 SAS - Wemby
2 CHA - Scoot/Miller
3 POR - Miller/Scoot
4 HOU - Amen
5 DET - Cam
6 ORL - Hendricks
7 IND - Walker
8 WAS - Wallace

9 UTA - Coulibaly
10 DAL - Ausar
11 ORL - Dick
13 TOR - Black

Jazz could probably package 16 + 28 to leapfrog ATL if they need to. So the logic of drafting a wing at 9 and a guard at 16 does make some sense.
I appreciate the effort and agree
With some of this but George to OKC for shot creation is just not it… SGA and Giddy are good there. I think they are Bilal/Miller/Dick and maybe even Lively.

Agree 100%. I love Wallace but I would be so pissed if we passed on Ausar, Hendricks or Walker to take him.

Dallas would draft the **** out of Black imo.
I appreciate the effort and agree
With some of this but George to OKC for shot creation is just not it… SGA and Giddy are good there. I think they are Bilal/Miller/Dick and maybe even Lively.

I think there's a real connection between OKC and George, but I'll switch things up. Dallas takes Black. OKC takes Ausar. At least one of George/Bufkin/JHS should make it to 16.

1 SAS - Wemby
2 CHA - Scoot/Miller
3 POR - Miller/Scoot
4 HOU - Amen
5 DET - Cam
6 ORL - Hendricks
7 IND - Walker
8 WAS - Wallace

9 UTA - Coulibaly
10 DAL - Black
11 ORL - Dick
12 OKC - Ausar
13 TOR - George/Bufkin/JHS
14 NOL - Lively
15 ATL - George/Bufkin/JHS/NSJ/Miller 2
16 UTA - One of JHS, Bufkin or George should still be available.