What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

Once again, for people that are wanting us to sign someone, the Jazz have 0 roster spots available. Thank you.
brother a lot of those spots are taken up by players who will be cut. The Jazz will sign players eventually. They are just waiting for dust to settle.

So you talk non stop trash on our draft and then want to sign Dlo. You are seriously broken.
I like our draft class lol
Not sure what DLo has to do with anything though? He's a PG/primary ball handler, something that we currently lack.

He averaged 18/3/6 on 46/40/83 splits

Im guessing most of these huge contracts at least have team options and incentives that are making them seem bigger than they will ever be.

Some players just get lucky for how their free agency lineups. FVV isnt close to being worth that contract but he lucked out by getting in a class with little talent and a desperate Rockets org.

ISnt Cory Joseph available?

Not a huge fan, but with all the Morris/Wright talk, is Joseph not just as good a option without having to give up anything on a minimum deal? Let's the Jazz bring in a vet option they can cut in camp if they decide to go in a different direction.

You think I'm wrong? Check out the replies to Andy's original tweet. Wasn't hard to predict.

Unlike your post here that was questioning why all the agents were being included in the tweets by Woj/Shams, etc. (including some that mentioned their title, btw), Andy mentioned a specific agent, and that agent is very a clearly a lightning rod for racial politics among some with NBA fandom. I'm surprised he didn't see it coming (or maybe he did).

So, whether rightly or wrongly, Andy's got a whole bunch of replies saying, in effect, "reporter from Utah -- yep, that checks out"

(Fortunately for Andy, he's a great guy with no ego and a good sense of humor, so he's able to defuse some of the blowback with his replies)

Anyone know what the Jazz related blip of this is?
No but why would Indy be interested Obi
I like our draft class lol
Not sure what DLo has to do with anything though? He's a PG/primary ball handler, something that we currently lack.

He averaged 18/3/6 on 46/40/83 splits
He was terrible for the most part in the playoffs. Plus he bashed Rudy when he left Minnesota. Then he performs like crap when it matters most. Want nothing to do with the guy. I would rather develop our players and then look at FA next year.

What exactly is Toronto thinking? They were a play-in team that went from FVV to Schroder. Pretty terrible off-season. They should have blown it up last year.