What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

Waiting for the @bigmike prediction that is surely coming today... something BIG is happening... can't tell you... but it involves a team that used to employ Ish Smith.
Other than the JC extension it will be radio science for us in the FA market.

The trade market is being aggressively explored with much more fluid timing.

Team wants to win next season and we have a ton of draft capital/flexible contracts. It’s really quite exciting.

Other than the JC extension it will be radio science for us in the FA market.

The trade market is being aggressively explored with much more fluid timing.

Team wants to win next season and we have a ton of draft capital/flexible contracts. It’s really quite exciting.

Is JC getting traded?

Is JC getting traded?
My understanding is that is not the preferred route. And probably not the preferred return for another team.

Most likely guard on the move would be Sexton.

A star/significant player coming our way would come via a return of draft picks + young pieces for teams to rebuild around. JC doesn’t fit that.

Plus the team loves JC. He can play with anyone and likes it here. They’d have moved him at the deadline if they didn’t want him long-term.

My understanding is that is not the preferred route. And probably not the preferred return for another team.

A star/significant player coming our way would come via a return of draft picks + young pieces for teams to rebuild around. JC doesn’t fit that.

Plus the team loves JC. He can play with anyone and likes it here. They’d have moved him at the deadline if they didn’t want him long-term.
If this ain't radio science, I don't know what is.

I think we are all expecting another massive move after DA’s work the past 12 months .

But in all honesty I think this squad needs to grow from within , maybe a few more tweaks here and there , but we have so many young players .

Awesome the team as presently configured will go as far as JC can adapt, Dunn does his job THT takes it up a notch and Keyonte emerges.

You gotta cut this **** out man.

Oh wow. Wake up to Jerami Grant and Bane getting massive bags well beyond their performance/result grades and literally no other significant moves than the expected FVV to Rockets (stupid money there as well).

Somewhere lost between all the nothing that happened was a bargain deal for Tre Jones (2/20) who I would have loved to get if we werent so stacked on mid-tier guards.

So who are left on these dry FA markets? Reeves and Middleton?

Collins deal starting to look a whole lot better in terms of money well spent.

Oh wow. Wake up to Jerami Grant and Bane getting massive bags well beyond their performance/result grades and literally no other significant moves than the expected FVV to Rockets (stupid money there as well).

Somewhere lost between all the nothing that happened was a bargain deal for Tre Jones (2/20) who I would have loved to get if we werent so stacked on mid-tier guards.

So who are left on these dry FA markets? Reeves and Middleton?

Collins deal starting to look a whole lot better in terms of money well spent.
Middleton 3 years $102 million staying with Bucks. Lakers offered Reeves the Max they could, waiting to see if he accepts.