What's new

2023 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

So Stephen *******'s opinion is that as long as the game is important and the player is passionate, he can stomp on whomever he wants with impunity. I never held Stephen's opinion for much anyway, this is a good example why.
It was honestly one of the more dangerous intentional things I've ever seen on a basketball court. Green is reckless and sadly this **** feeds his victim mentality.

Does anybody else feel like they're being gaslighted by national sports media in general over this?
Ehh, I agree with a lot of it. Sabonis is very dirty with what he does on the court and he has been trying to bait Green. I would say Sabonis probably deserved to have been thrown out of Game 2 as well. With Green getting ejected and suspended (which I agree with) there probably should have been more punishment for Sabonis in the moment when it happened.

Ehh, I agree with a lot of it. Sabonis is very dirty with what he does on the court and he has been trying to bait Green. I would say Sabonis probably deserved to have been thrown out of Game 2 as well. With Green getting ejected and suspended (which I agree with) there probably should have been more punishment for Sabonis in the moment when it happened.
Poole also deserved to have his skull caved in. child please.

I'm pretty sure intentional tripping is considered a flagrant 2...

I in no ****ing way said Sabonis deserved to be stomped on. I said he deserved to be thrown out teh game.
He wasn't tripping him though... and Dray sure as **** was not trying to step over him. Sabonis grabbing and holding and all that **** isn't intentionally trying to hurt someone. Stomping a mfer is trying to injure a dude. Dray does all the grabbing and holding and **** too... give me a break.

There is an angle that clearly shows Sabonis is trying to cover his head and that is how the foot got tangled up. I bet that also factored into the leagues decision.

He wasn't tripping him though... and Dray sure as **** was not trying to step over him. Sabonis grabbing and holding and all that **** isn't intentionally trying to hurt someone. Stomping a mfer is trying to injure a dude. Dray does all the grabbing and holding and **** too... give me a break.

There is an angle that clearly shows Sabonis is trying to cover his head and that is how the foot got tangled up. I bet that also factored into the leagues decision.
Grabbing someone's foot as they are trying to get up or run down the court is tripping someone...

Sabonis has done something similar a couple times now. It's a repeating pattern. The covering the face thing was just a convenient coverup.

You can dislike Green and think what he was wrong/dangerous and also acknowledge what Sabonis did was dirty as ****.

ESPN backing Draymond in full force today

View: https://youtu.be/FnbbOqyv7Q0

The first page of the take artist textbook is to support the indefensible and gaslight the ever living **** out of people that can see plain reality with their own two eyes. Two of the authors of the text are Stephen A and Colin Cowherd.

Oh, and don’t forget the importance of taking a position that usually favors longer series and or just generally more revenue for their bosses.

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying. I just think there's degrees to it. The dirty stuff that Sabonis has done has, up until the stomp, been matched by Draymond. I don't like it, but the way NBA treats Draymond has set a precedent that evidently it's fine and doesn't cross the line.

The stomp was just next level. If the media wants to argue that Sabonis had it coming because of his dirty play, then what about Draymond's equally dirty play? Is it fine or does it also deserve a stomping?

I just don't see how Sabonis playing dirty exonerates Draymond when they were both playing dirty, but only one of them took it to another level.

Also, is Sabonis normally a dirty player? It seems to me that he's only been that way in this series because Draymond is the same way. Essentially an "Alright, if this is the way we're going to play, then let's do this"

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying. I just think there's degrees to it. The dirty stuff that Sabonis has done has, up until the stomp, been matched by Draymond. I don't like it, but the way NBA treats Draymond has set a precedent that evidently it's fine and doesn't cross the line.

The stomp was just next level. If the media wants to argue that Sabonis had it coming because of his dirty play, then what about Draymond's equally dirty play? Is it fine or does it also deserve a stomping?

I just don't see how Sabonis playing dirty exonerates Draymond when they were both playing dirty, but only one of them took it to another level.
Yeah, fully agree. Like I said, I think the perfect dividend of punishment would have been both would have been tossed on the spot and then Dray gets suspended for Game 3.

Also, is Sabonis normally a dirty player? It seems to me that he's only been that way in this series because Draymond is the same way. Essentially an "Alright, if this is the way we're going to play, then let's do this"
He's dirty within the generally acceptable boundaries of what being dirty is.

Grabbing someone's foot as they are trying to get up or run down the court is tripping someone...

Sabonis has done something similar a couple times now. It's a repeating pattern. The covering the face thing was just a convenient coverup.

You can dislike Green and think what he was wrong/dangerous and also acknowledge what Sabonis did was dirty as ****.
Dirty is trying to hurt a guy... grabbing and holding and that **** is to gain a basketball advantage. I don't consider that "dirty".

The under the basket angle is pretty telling and Sabonis def does go to grab his face. I think Green felt he was trying to trip him but I actually believe Sabonis was grabbing his face. He releases Dray's foot from his arms almost immediately. On the ground with tons of guys around you covering up is what 99% of people would do.

He's physical... he's not dirty.... he grabs and holds and **** like that. There is a big difference. Dray is unhinged and does all the same stuff plus more. I

Getting a guys foot tangled up in your arms for a nano second doesn't make a guy dirty and doesn't warrant being tossed lol. Intentionally gut stomping a guy in a completely vulnerable position then doing cartwheels to egg on the crowd in front of the commissioner is some of the dumbest **** ever. He earned every ounce of what he got.

He's physical... he's not dirty.... he grabs and holds and **** like that. There is a big difference. Dray is unhinged and does all the same stuff plus more. I

Getting a guys foot tangled up in your arms for a nano second doesn't make a guy dirty and doesn't warrant being tossed lol. Intentionally gut stomping a guy in a completely vulnerable position then doing cartwheels to egg on the crowd in front of the commissioner is some of the dumbest **** ever. He earned every ounce of what he got.
Yeah, it seemed like a no-brainer suspension.

Which is why I'm baffled at the media saying Sabonis's dirty/physical play justifies the stomp. Either the stuff Draymond and Sabonis were doing to each other is okay or it isn't. If it is okay, then the stomp isn't justified. If it's not okay, then the NBA needs to start punishing it too instead of letting Draymond do it constantly.

View: https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1648773768519749636

This is the better sports media take here and hits on a point I think hilariously overlooked. Nobody in the league gets away with more nonsense than Dray with the refs. He also gets a huge benefit of the doubt on plays where there is normally a foul called. There are two sides to the reputation here.

Yeah, it seemed like a no-brainer suspension.

Which is why I'm baffled at the media saying Sabonis's dirty/physical play justifies the stomp. Either the stuff Draymond and Sabonis were doing to each other is okay or it isn't. If it is okay, then the stomp isn't justified. If it's not okay, then the NBA needs to start punishing it too instead of letting Draymond do it constantly.
There are piles of evidence that Dray takes advantage of these situations either when a dude is on the ground or he is... some are comically obvious. Sabonis is not dirty... he's physical. Dray seeks that **** out as an opportunity.