What's new

2023 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Makes sense.

The Warriors shot the fewest FT's per possession in the regular season, AND gave up the 8th most FT's. The Lakers shot the most FT's per possession and gave up the fewest.
But what if I told you my skepticism is very much that the Lakers shot the most FTs during the season and gave up the fewest… hmmm. And what if I told you it all started with a record FT differential after Lebron melted down after a missed call on a national tv game and the league issued a flowery apology. It’s honestly hilarious that one team led the league on both ends of the spectrum.

I have no issue with yesterdays game… or the series… my issue is on the whole it seems like they’ve gotten a VERY generous whistle. Go look back at the foul hunting teams in Houston or even Philly this year that has Embiid and Harden.

But what if I told you my skepticism is very much that the Lakers shot the most FTs during the season and gave up the fewest… hmmm. And what if I told you it all started with a record FT differential after Lebron melted down after a missed call on a national tv game and the league issued a flowery apology. It’s honestly hilarious that one team led the league on both ends of the spectrum.

I have no issue with yesterdays game… or the series… my issue is on the whole it seems like they’ve gotten a VERY generous whistle. Go look back at the foul hunting teams in Houston or even Philly this year that has Embiid and Harden.

If you have no issue with the series or yesterday’s game what is the problem then?

All I know is that I am clinging to this Lakers conspiracy at the moment cuz maybe it means the Jazz will benefit from it at the lottery.

It bothers me that Murray is having such a lousy series from an efficiency standpoint after what he did to the Jazz in the bubble.

Shamet coming up huge for the Suns.
Meh.

He's been left completely wide open all postseason and is shooting sub 30% from 3. He shouldn't get credit for finally making a couple, but this will be the narrative because people are dumb.

MP jr reminds me of CJ. He doesn’t do anything other than shoot. When he’s on he’s on but when he’s off, he’s worthless. He just checks out mentally. That rushed 3 pter in transition inside of 5 mins was just a dumb dumb shot.

He’s Just a really talented but low IQ player. Denver better hope he wakes up at home or Phx is going to win this because their two superstars are better than Denver’s. Denver’s role players were complete no shows in Phx. Disappointing to see Joker doing everything possible to win while MP Jr is standing around picking earwax

Denver may have trouble. They play the regular season quite well but are now reversing to jokic hero play. Not the best against a good Suns team. They also have some holes in their starting 5. KCP is very average and Murray and Porter JR may not be enough consistent.

Denver may have trouble. They play the regular season quite well but are now reversing to jokic hero play. Not the best against a good Suns team. They also have some holes in their starting 5. KCP is very average and Murray and Porter JR may not be enough consistent.
I think they win in 7 still… Phoenix has holes too… homecourt advantage will play out in the series… unless Jokic gets suspended (he should not be but it will be a discussion).

I think I’d mildly prefer Denver more. I’d actually more prefer whoever could beat LA better but after tonight I’ve got some doubts on the Nuggets. Plus Porter is highly annoying and completely insightless.