What's new

2023 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Boston went out and got big name (relatively) role players to fill out their roster hoping they would put them over the top.

Miami unearthed undrafted rookies and trained them for years to be ready for this.

Spoelstra is one hell of a coach.
Spoelstra wasn’t doing this without Jimmy or LeBron.

I’m not bagging on Spo, he is top-tier. But Jimmy is the heart, soul, bones, and muscle of that team. Amazing what happens when you outwork everyone and fear nothing.

I’m not bagging on Spo, he is top-tier. But Jimmy is the heart, soul, bones, and muscle of that team. Amazing what happens when you outwork everyone and fear nothing.
I think it's pretty clear Pat Riley is the heart/soul/bones and the city of Miami is the carrot that allows the stick to work.

For sure, you have to have top end talent to win in the playoffs. I'm still not sure there are many coaches that could've gotten this Heat roster to the finals while beating both the 1 and 2 seeds, especially without Herro.

I'll bet the league is really thrilled to get a Nuggets/Heat finals when they could've had Lakers/Celtics. I personally couldn't be happier that it worked out this way.

I hope this shuts up dumb conspiracy theorists. It was quite literally the worst combination that could have happened ratings wise since the semi-finals on.

I think it's pretty clear Pat Riley is the heart/soul/bones and the city of Miami is the carrot that allows the stick to work.
I don’t think Butler went there because he thinks Miami is tight. He went because they are arguably the best organization in the NBA. Ain’t nobody getting dissed here.

I don’t think Butler went there because he thinks Miami is tight. He went because they are arguably the best organization in the NBA. Ain’t nobody getting dissed here.
Ehhhhhhhh. I'm sure it's both, but Miami being Miami definitely lets them be harder on their players. They dont have to coddle their stars. Playing in Miami is a privilege.