What's new

2023 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

these playoff games have been amazing. cavs, bucks and wolves were primed for a championship run and they're all out RD1 convincingly. atlanta shouldve been swept by boston but they're are still alive lol. lakers and GS vs memphis/sac is all about young vs old. fans should be happy

There is a way to quantify this. It’s quantified by finding out if they have that dog in them or not.

I saw that Jimmy had to undergo X-rays after the series:

I am ****ing dumbfounded. Absolutely... they left the entire mid-range entirely unguarded and he had time to get off a completely uncontested shot.
He wasn't even close to getting a shot off in time but he could've.
During his time on the Jazz, Grayson did not seem much like a man with exceedingly high situational awareness. It would appear that has not changed.

I also remember when the Conley trade was lambasted because we gave up on Grayson Allen. I've never missed him on the Jazz for a moment.

I also remember when the Conley trade was lambasted because we gave up on Grayson Allen. I've never missed him on the Jazz for a moment.
Grayson was actually good for a stretch last night but yeah… he’s a generic replacement basic 2 guard

Bucks now at a major crossroads… they about to go into the megatax and their dudes are old. I would bet the salary dump Bobby and/or Pat… maybe Cobra Kai too… there is a reason one of their owners sold.

Bucks now at a major crossroads… they about to go into the megatax and their dudes are old. I would bet the salary dump Bobby and/or Pat… maybe Cobra Kai too… there is a reason one of their owners sold.
Probably because he likes money.

Bucks should be fine. Giannis seems like a guy who will be OK finishing his career on a team that isnt a favorite to win every year. And they will probably be a favorite for the next few years as Giannis is that good.

Jae has always been overrated and it's crazy to me people thought he would still be good after all the time off he took.

Agreed. I like the toughness he brings but I think his defense is overrated, and his offense is just really rough.

Last edited:
Probably because he likes money.

LOL he has plenty... guys like that love money but they love status too. Selling before a potential championship run tells me he knows pain is coming and he'd rather sell now.
Bucks should be fine. Giannis seems like a guy who will be OK finishing his career on a team that isnt a favorite to win every year. And they will probably be a favorite for the next few years as Giannis is that good.
The pain comes not with Giannis but they need to pay Brook a bunch of money... Middleton can be a FA... with the new CBA the tax is more punitive monetarily and with what they can add. They have no exceptions they can use to fill out the roster and will need to decide if they want to retain "meh" guys at an enormous cost or try to cobble something together. Jrue, Middleton, Brook all gonna age and the cost of those final couple years gonna be enormous. I doubt Giannis asks out... but i doubt he looks around and signs and extension.

The cap gonna murder these dudes.