What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I think that’s on the low side.

It’s not an exact science.

Someone measured 6’2.25 w/o shoes with a 6’8 wingspan and a 8’5 standing reach.

Someone else measured 6’4.25 w/o shoes with a 7’0 wingspan and a 8’5 standing reach.
Ok, but did you find anyone 6'6 w/o shoes w/ a 7 wingspan who had a 8'2.5 standing reach?

If one measurement is off, it's fair to question all the measurements.

Ok, but did you find anyone 6'6 w/o shoes w/ a 7 wingspan who had a 8'2.5 standing reach?

If one measurement is off, it's fair to question all the measurements.
No, there is not a lot of guys with those height and wingspan measurements.

Here is another similar one.

Shake Milton

6’4.5 w/o shoes, 7’0.75 wingspan, 8’3.5 standing reach

I’m spending way too much time on this.

Here is an interesting question… swap Sheppard’s and Castle’s roles and teams… who ends up being the higher ranked consensus prospect? I think it’s Sheppard very easily.
I think it would be Castle. Put Castle and his defense on that Kentucky team that desperately needed an elite perimeter defender and I think we may be looking at them in the final four with Castle getting the same level of attention that he received on UConn. Put Sheppard on the Huskies and he is still really good but I don't think the huskies would be as good and he may be outshined by Newton and Spencer.

I think it would be Castle. Put Castle and his defense on that Kentucky team that desperately needed an elite perimeter defender and I think we may be looking at them in the final four with Castle getting the same level of attention that he received on UConn. Put Sheppard on the Huskies and he is still really good but I don't think the huskies would be as good and he may be outshined by Newton and Spencer.
Castle coming off the bench on that team would have been very bad for him. He would have gotten even less shots than he is now. You’re reaching hard.

Castle coming off the bench on that team would have been very bad for him. He would have gotten even less shots than he is now. You’re reaching hard.
He wouldn't have come off the bench on that team. His elite defense would have forced his way into the starting lineup.

What do we think Keyonte’s measurements are since he didn’t get measured at the combine?

6’2.5 w/o shoes with a 6’7 wingspan?

He wouldn't have come off the bench on that team. His elite defense would have forced his way into the starting lineup.
The question was same role and team. You are acting like Calipari has logic like that. He’s the same coach who brought Booker off the bench.

HH told me Topic was a traffic cone on defense and I’m starting to wonder if he just figured he’s white so he must be bad at defense. Not sure but from watching a lot of his U18 games he makes plays on defense. Is he a lockdown defender? No. Is he a good defender? No, but he’s more than a traffic cone.
I’m trusting the guys I’ve heard that actually watch this stuff closely lol. I’m not watching any of his JV euroleague games and neither are you. Stop with the white ****… I’m over it.

What do we think Keyonte’s measurements are since he didn’t get measured at the combine?

6’2.5 w/o shoes with a 6’7 wingspan?

Keyonte is about 1/2 or 3/4" shorter than Bufkin, who measured at 6'4.5" w/o shoes at the Combine. That would make Keyonte 6'3.5" - 6'4" w/o shoes. He's about 6'5" with shoes. He's a little bit taller than Clarkson.

The question was same role and team. You are acting like Calipari has logic like that. He’s the same coach who brought Booker off the bench.
Castle is basically a coach's wet dream though with his willingness to guard and keep the ball moving. I don't disagree with Calipari not having logic though. Great recruiter but mediocre coach.